Hey!
Well today is the first P-day. So far it is good. The MTC P-day didn't feel like it at all, we were so busy. We cleaned earlier today, went shopping, and right now we are sitting in a hair salon waiting for some other elders getting their hair cut. It's weird to hear music playing from before (Dub-step).
Anyways, so far the field is... different. It seems like everyone hates us! But we work a lot with the ward leaders. Usually about 3 times a week we go out with the Ward Mission Leader or Assistant Ward Mission Leader and knock doors. We have a member with us at most lessons which is nice. We also have someone in the ward whose calling is to pass around a dinner calendar at church so we have a dinner appointment every night!
Its good to hear from you guys again. I'm glad you found my apartment, its kind of a dump, but there are only two of us so we each get our own bathroom! So far its kind of hard to stay motivated, especially when everyone hates us. But in my first lesson I asked the investigator to be baptized and she said yes. It was awesome.
Yes, being on an airplane made me really wanna be a pilot, it was way smooth and I loved it. I guess the real key will be how the flight home is...but I guess I don't need to worry about that for awhile. Wow sounds like you guys are staying busy with the youth, glad its not too boring. I miss the snow already...even though its about 60 degrees outside right now and we wear shorts whenever we aren't in suits, it is going to be soooooo hot in the summer....Hopefully I get transferred somewhere else by then because its gonna be pretty crazy here. [In reference to a stat we sent over stating Chico was voted one of the top places to live several years ago]. Wow, if this is the best place in America then the world is worse off than I thought...
As far as email rules, I don't know exactly what it may mean for extended family, I think its okay, but I really have almost no time to answer. Writing this takes most of it. The temple rules are a little interesting. If you are in Yuba city, you can go every six months, and everywhere else south of there you can go every three months, but anywhere north of Yuba City (like here in Chico) you can't go until you get transferred somewhere else. So I won't be going for at least 3 months I think.
We do have a washer and dryer, which is really nice. I actually have some clothes going right now. Its nice to be able to take care of all that without having to try and move it, especially since I don't have a basket or bag or anything. The bike is awesome. I will definitely be shipping it home after if its still in even halfway decent condition. Ironically it has some pretty sweet front suspension... The shifters are so smooth too. As far as food goes it has been pretty rough. We barely had time to go to the store real quick my first night so I could get some bread, cereal, PB&J, and milk and have been living off that until today. I finally got some real food for mini pizzas, pasta, grilled cheese, tortillas and stuff. Hopefully I will be better. Luckily we are fed by members every night ;)
Right now we are in a room with about 8 other missionaries, so its pretty much our whole zone together to play basketball and email and stuff....Its really nice cuz one of the sisters here was in my MTC group and so it helps make it more comfortable when you know someone already.
We spend a lot of our time visiting lists from the ward, less actives and stuff. But we talk to everyone on the street and that is usually what ticks people off the most. Oh well! We do so much service, to members and investigators. I'll have to send you the pictures somehow because we were working on this lady's sprinklers and it was wrapped up in a tree post that had grown around it! It was crazy. I am sending another letter with some other stuff in it, hopefully between the two of them I remember the things I was wanting to tell you guys. I can read letters whenever, even though I can only answer on P-days. I love hearing news!
Yesterday I found out that I would be singing in the choir during sacrament, which was a little interesting...but it was nice I guess. I just wish I knew more about singing. The ward is great, but the missionary I replaced had been here a long time and so most people are kind of sad to see me, but slowly they are warming up to it.
I think about you guys a lot. We had a ward activity where we showed a family picture and explained it. It was nice to have a picture to show.
I have no idea how two years go by fast, but everyone else who is almost done says it does....sooo I guess we will see. The days seem long but I guess this week wasn't too bad. I'm just hoping that it gets better from here. I am sure there are so many more things I am gonna wish I had said, but Ill try and write a letter with more if I remember. I love you guys so much, and I hope its all going well. Talk to you later!
Michael
(Second email sent answering more questions.)
My Trainer is Awesome! He is really good at following the rules and is an amazing teacher. Elder Coburn is a great guy from Murray Utah, and has been out for 19 months. I was told by the president and the AP's on separate occasions that he is probably the most amazing missionary in the field and to be like him, it was really reassuring to hear that. We don't have a car, so we are on bikes a lot. Its gonna keep me in shape. I am glad you guys are getting used to things. I was too and then they put me on an airplane to California and I got to start over again...but slowly its getting better.
I love you so much, I hope that you continue to be strong. Tell everyone I said Hi. I miss you all so much. I hope that you continue to party it up.
Love, Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment