Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 4, 2013 Email


[This first section is an email he sent to Laura.]

That's awesome, I am so glad you guys let missionaries use your phones, I know that I probably wouldn't have gotten to call home. [This is in response to us being at the airport exactly one week after Michael was there and seeing the armies of missionaries everywhere.  We were running up and down the concourse waving our cell phone asking if any missionaries needed to call home.]



Wow, that's cool. [While waiting to board our plane, we came across two missionaries who went to Lone Peak with Michael.  One is Micah Hannaman who now plays football for BYU]

 I went on exchanges with the Zone leaders. They are Spanish missionaries and so I got to go to a bunch of Spanish lessons and It was so cool to watch this elder speak perfect Spanish to these people. He would translate what I was saying into Spanish, and when I didn't understand something he would help. I was so glad I took Spanish in school cuz I was able to understand a lot of it. At one of the appointments I decided I wanted to speak, so I looked at this lady and then somehow bore my testimony to her in Spanish. It was crazy the things I was able to bring say, stuff I barely remembered from school. Talk about the gift of tongues. 

That's cool, Yea being a pilot is starting to sound even more fun. [While on a running trail in Puerto Vallarta, we met a Pilot for Delta Airlines.  We ended up seeing him two days in a row and covered about 10 miles with him. We asked him all types of questions about his career.]

Yea I am getting emails but don't even have time to read them. I hope it's understandable. [Each mission is different, and Michael's mission only allows him 30 minutes each week for email.  This barley gives him enough time to send email home.]

It is going to get so freaking hot here, I am not excited. Is it possible for you guys to ship me out a camel back bladder? I tried carrying a water bottle, but I never had time to stop and get it out. I think other than that I am good. If you guys ever get the chance you should look at Bidwell Park on google maps or something. Its this huge park  in like the middle of the city and goes all the way out to the mountains (or at least the hills that they call mountains here). 

This Saturday we are having a mission conference in Antelope and Neil L. Anderson is coming. 

I can't think of anything I need, except someone here to make me dinner, wash my clothes, and go shopping for me. ;) but other than that I think I'm good.

Haha how often do you text Brother Felix? It seems like every time I see him he has some new news from home. I am taking my pants to the dry-cleaners right now to get some of them altered and hopefully get everything set.  [Below is a picture Brother Felix sent this past week.  We love these little glimpses!]


I am sure there is so much more I wanna say, but so far I can't remember  I hope you guys' trip is/was good and you travel safe!! Ill talk to you guys later! Love you!

Michael

P.S I am eating super healthy, biking everywhere, and running every other day rotating ab-ripper in 3 times a week as well. I am doing the opposite of gaining weight, so no worries about that yet.

P.P.S. Elder Coburn's mom wanted your contact info to get in touch with you so you may be hearing from her soon.

[The following is in response to an email sent from Steve.]

That's awesome. [In response to Lone Peak basketball winning it's third consecutive State Championship as well as being ranked #1 in the country.]
Yea one day at a time I am getting through this. Its nice getting letters from you guys, there is always some excitement when we go to the mailbox to see if we have any letters. Its kinda funny actually. Wow I can't believe they keep winning. Yea I hope that Aimee gets a bump, she is working way harder than I ever did, so I hope she gets to reap the rewards for that. [Aimee was preparing to take the ACT test on Lindsay's birthday.]  
Oh BTW tell mom that we don't have to worry too much about the partying, I'm not in that part of Chico, but some of the other elders here are, and are talking about how awful it is being by the campus. I got lucky. Turns out here the further north you go, the hotter it is. Redding is apparently ridiculous in the summer, but Chico is going to be bad too. Also tell mom that everyone has Mr. Mac stuff (rain coats and stuff), but it looks really cool cuz we all look the same. I just try to think of that song when I talk to people and am scared "what if he's an angel, sent here from heaven and he's making certain that your doing your best..." There is a awesome missionary scripture in Alma 26:27 that I think is really motivational when it comes to rejection. I am almost out of time, but thanks for writing while you guys are on vacation, I hope its a party. Travel safe!!


No comments:

Post a Comment