Monday, March 25, 2013

First Mission Haircut


Hows it going? I'm glad you guys aren't taking the snow for granted or anything;) I am glad you had a good time with the Coburn/Smith's! Elder Gavin Coburn is awesome! haha!  This week at a meeting with all the new missionaries and their trainers  the mission president made him get up and dance for everyone! He is amazing at it, and said he will teach me some stuff, probably today! I am excited. He said he learned from watching YouTube videos, so dad is on the right track! [Dad added Elder Coburn's dance video to his favorites list to study and watch.]  Wow, 9?? [Our ward now has 9 full time missionaries.]  That's crazy! I am glad to hear I am not the only one going through this! I am trying to focus, some days are better than others, but I think time is starting to speed up!

Where are these pictures from? Brother Felix is like a sniper with that thing! [We Love Brother Felix!  He will always have a place to stay whenever he comes to Utah.]  I got a haircut today and I think my hair is disappearing! But luckily we get free haircuts at Great Clips!


I have a few stamps left but am a little low. Hopefully I hear from you soon. Elder Coburn said the excitement of getting mail never goes away. I believe it. I will try and write a few letters today, we will see!

I think we get to watch all of conference, which is gonna be awesome. Yesterday I had to speak in sacrament by the way, it was beyond scary! Its hard writing a talk without a computer!!! But I think I did good, hopefully! 

Also we had an interesting experience yesterday. Before church we were out talking to people and we saw these two guys moving a huge dresser out of a truck, so we asked if they needed any help. They let us so we helped carry it inside and they seemed really grateful. It turns out that two of the people there just moved into our ward, one is a recent convert and her boyfriend is a non-member. They just had a baby last week. We got a call last night from a lady in the ward the moved from, and she said that when she brought dinner over that they had been talking right before we got there to help and they had said that they could use some assistance and then less than a minute later we rode up. They apparently were so excited about it and were putting a whole bunch of stuff on Facebook I heard.  Hopefully this will be the start of something good. The boyfriend seems interested in the church and so as long as we can get them to like us, the lady from the other ward said there is a good chance of them being baptized/becoming active.

We were supposed to have our first baptism this past Sunday, but the guy is still struggling with coffee, so we are having to move it. I don't know how solid our other's are, but the next one is on April 13. We will see if that sticks. Also there is a 9 year old girl we are teaching whose family used to be less-active that have been reactivated recently. She is to be baptized on June 8, but it is so awesome going over there. Her name is Crystal and she has a younger sister and a 4 year old brother that I swear are more energetic than anything I've ever seen. We ride up to the house and they all come at yelling "Elders, Elders, come look at this" and stuff like that. Its kinda cool to be around them!

Elder Coburn says I should thank you for the picture, because his family apparently doesn't love him enough to send one;) haha!  He is hilarious, but thank you for always writing me. Its always nice to hear from you.  [Last night the Coburn's came over for dinner at our home.  It was wonderful to meet such a beautiful family.]


Do you happen to know Brett or Brian's or Adam's email addresses? I'd love to talk to them! 

I can't wait to hear from you guys. I hope you have a good Easter week! 

That's crazy, It has been pretty windy and cold here too this last week. We went from mid 80's back to coats and gloves. It is interesting. I miss the snow already, and the summers sound miserable here....yay...Haha [We put a new basketball hoop up, and weighed it down with bright yellow salt bags because of a windy spring snow storm that brought a few new inches of snow.  That along with our Christmas lights up has our house sticking out like a sore thumb.]   Good luck with the lights! 

I listen to music in the mornings usually. I would love some talks or something. I like listening to the CD's but it is kinda hard to find the songs in the mass mix of music on each one. I appreciate the music, but don't have the same ear for the 80's and 90's EFY music that you do, maybe I just need to get used to it. I like hymns by EFY artists though, they are good. Anyways whatever you have I'd be more than willing to take!

Love, 
Elder Gardanier

P.S I am sending a program from yesterday's sacrament meeting home. Check out the creative spelling of Gardanier on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment