[It has been Spring Break, so this letter came last week.]
It
basically felt like any other Sunday....Except it rained like nothing I have
ever seen before! Words cannot describe how hard it rained! It was like getting
sprayed with a fire hose! In less than ten minutes the water on the sides of
the road was up to my ankles deep...and I was on a bike!! It was crazy! Church
was good but none of our investigators showed up...oh well. It was nice to get
to focus on what was being taught more fully instead of how to help them
understand. But then again we have such a small ward that we have to pass the
sacrament every week, and we got asked to teach elder's quorum next week
because the teachers are all gonna be gone. It really makes me appreciate Utah
for reasons I never thought of before, like having a primary (there were only
10 kids in the musical number, and there are maybe 10 in primary total) or
having young men (more than 5 total). It is interesting.
Elder
Coburn broke his bike on Saturday so we have been walking the past couple days
while it is getting fixed. Luckily Bishop Wright (our bishop here) is
an avid biker so he gave us a spare. He graduated from the University of Utah,
so he always has Ute stuff on and gives us a hard time about
it whenever we see him. Anyways, Elder Coburn shifted on his bike and
it literally like exploded. It was probably one of the funniest things I have
ever seen. It just tore itself apart! Unfortunately that meant we had to
walk...a lot. And somehow, maybe the angle of the road or my shoes, messed up
my knee kind of. So I think I will be relaxing today for P-day. When it rains
it pours I guess.
Haha
I don't know if it works any better out here, It still isn't amazing or
anything. [In reference to P90X workouts.] And I always try to get on the scale at members houses when I see
one, and so far it is the same... Hopefully I can keep it there. One of the
blessings of a bike!!
Elder
Coburn's mom and grandparents sent him packages, but they put double of
everything in it so I got a bunch of stuff from them (A new tie, socks, food).
If you get a chance, thank them for me!! [While Elder Coburn trains Michael, his family is training us!]
It's crazy to hear about everyone going on missions. There is a guy from my district who graduated from Lone Peak the year before me (Elder Henniger). He said to tell you guys, "Hi." It was fun going on exchanges with him because we know a lot of the same people.
I loved hearing about you guys in the choir that is so cool. Turns out that the missionary handbook says that we aren't to participate in musical groups, so we had to stop going. It's too bad because our choir is really small. Oh well.
Our whole zone stayed the same this transfer except for 1 set of Elders. We have all only been with these companions for 1 transfer, so nothing yet. Hopefully I will be with Elder Coburn for 2 more transfers because he only has 2 left, and it wouldn't make sencse to move him to a new area for one. But, I guess we will see. One of the AP's changed because he was a Mong speaking elder and one of the other Mong elders went home so he had to drop down. The new assistant is Elder Coburn's MTC companion, Elder Netane (Tongan).
Enjoy the snow and cooler weather! Tell everyone "Hi" for me and that I am grateful for their letters.
I
don't know what else to say, but I will answer questions from your letter you
sent in a written one later this week, so be ready for that. Thank you for the
package and mail, it helps keep me looking forward to something every day, even
when it gets hard. Oh there is a talk by Elder Holland, the one the Mormon message "Good things to come" is based on. Could you send that to me
if you can find it?[Sent this week.] It would be awesome to have. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment