Wow that's crazy. I wish I still knew how to play the piano,
not for church music (I think half the people in our ward play the organ) But
just to know how to play cool stuff. [Daniel made the top 16 teens out of 900 in Utah County competing in the Music Festival. He came away from the Honor's Festival with a $40 check!]
Dang, that is crazy you guys are
still doing that. [Steve and Laura just finished the longest training run before their next race.] I am about ready to die every day just after 2 miles! But all
the other missionaries in our zone think you guys are studs. I
am starting to get some shin splints, any idea how to fix that? [Again Laura tears up and her child asking for running advice!] My p-day shoes
are getting destroyed, I know they are great and light, but they aren't very
durable. I don't know how long they will last, but I am hoping they will make
the end of the summer. We will see!
Oh thank you for that stuff! I love getting packages,
especially surprise ones. Haha no the
Brigham and Joe one wasn't a demeaning comment, the guy was really nice to us.
But I am slowly getting used to the other stuff. The things that surprise me
are just the screaming all the sudden to try and make you fall off your bike.
But its interesting cuz no one will say anything to our face, only in a car as
they go by.
Ryan's scripture plaque? [Ryan has declared to the family that his missionary scripture plaque will be Alma 19:5.] Maybe I will have to read your
letters more clearly, I will have to check back on that.
Our 9 year old investigator is doing good, she sang in church yesterday with a
few of the other achievement day girls. I think she will do great, the real key
is just making sure her parents stay active, and they are doing great.
Oh as far as our other investigator goes, he didn't get
baptized because of some things in his life he just needs to decide on if he
wants it enough or not. It's out of our hands now. Unfortunately our teaching
pool is still really small, oh well.
So something weird must have happened this week with the
mail, because I got your letters in backwards order of when you sent them. But
I love the letters, so thank you!
This week we did a bunch of service. On
Thursday we took all of the roofing off of the Spanish Branch President's house
with some of the other Elder's (I was on exchanges with the Spanish Zone
Leaders again). Then on Saturday, we helped people build a wall. It was really
hard and 95 degrees outside, but at least i was in a t-shirt! I am learning
some awesome stuff out here, like go to college! It was sweet to get to help and not be in church clothes!
This week we are going to be doing more service, but a lot
more finding. Hopefully we can find some people who don't hate us! How is
everything at home? Did you guys ever go skiing after I left? Man I would kill
to go skiing! And just sit for a few minutes! But that can wait I guess. Ugh I
am always tired, but oh well! I will talk to you guys soon! Oh as far as
Mother's Day goes, we are planning on skyping at a members house, we will
find details next week, but it will definitely be Skype.
I love you guys, watch the mail box! Take care!
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment