Thursday, April 11, 2013

4/11/13 Conference Snail Mail letter

What was your guy's favorite talks at conference?  I really like Elder Holland's (obviously).  It is interesting to see the different ways he interprets scriptures than I do.  We missed out on most of Elder Christofferson's talk because some guy came to the chapel and fell asleep and was snoring so loud.  None of us really knew what to do... Of all meetings to fall asleep in the chapel during, he chose the one that you can watch at home.  Kind of ironic.



I am surprised how much abuse our bikes take.  The bracket on mine are already wearing down.  Elder Coburn just had to get new tires.  One of the other Elders has a computer on his and he has been out 6 months and put over 1800 miles on his bike.  It is crazy!  There is definitely a huge difference in physical shape of those in cars and those on bikes.  Which kind of puts the sisters in a rough place.  Oh well!

One of the sisters that just came out and is here in Chico is from Highland and graduated from Lone Peak the same year as me.  I was talking to her a little and it was weird to me to have all 3 people from LP in the same city.  [Laura was doing hair yesterday and her client mentioned that a girl from her ward was just assigned to Michael's city.  How ironic that she is from the same Stake, and that Laura heard this the same week.]

It is kind of ridiculous how many people out here drive Prius!  Seriously there are thousands of them!  I guess I really am in California!  The other most popular car I've noticed (although maybe its because I think they are awesome), is the new Toyota Tacoma's.  They are on every driveway I swear!

Oh, I have a doctrine question for you:  How do you know if what a prophet says is scripture and/or doctine?  That has come up a few times in the past week and we really don't know how to explain it.  Any wisdom you can share?  Also, how is Christ "both the Father and the Son?"  We know he is the Son because obviously he is the literal Son of God, but in what way is he the Father?  These are just some of the things me and Elder Coburn "argue" about.  It is interesting to try and work through everything.

Oh, by the way Dad, Elder Coburn says you are going to be an Apostle or at least a Mission President, so maybe you wanna start writing some talks! ;)

Thanks for all the support guys!  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Love,
Elder Michael Gardanier

No comments:

Post a Comment