Hey Fam!
So unfortunately our baptism fell through. He wasn't sure he
was ready yet, but he came to church yesterday and still wants to meet with us
and plan another date. So hopefully we can get it all worked out soon. Our
teaching pool is pretty small, so we have been trying to find people to teach
via a ton of tracting. Haven't had any luck but apparently something will come
of it. Yesterday we were riding down the street and someone drove by and threw
a bible out the window at us. We were in a hurry but today we are gonna go see
if it is still there so we can have a new mini Bible. Too bad people don't
think we use the Bible.
I am glad to hear you guys are having fun. That is crazy how
much support there is. I never realized what a blessing a big ward is. That is awesome that Ryan made
it that long, it is a struggle for me! Yesterday I wanted to eat so bad, I
almost passed out on our way to dinner, but I know it is worth it. [We told Michael how the ward had a special fast for Deedee Gardner who is battling tongue cancer. We all met at the church at 5 PM to break our fast and have a ward Potluck. Poor Ryan went white as a ghost right before his meal, but he wanted to complete the full fast.]
We had interviews with the mission president this week. During
mine he said that I had good leadership qualities, and that a lot would be
expected of me, but that he knew that I knew how to trust in the Lord.
Thank you so much for all the letters you guys send, I do
love getting them all. And thank you for the package. I love the candy and
cookies, they turned out great. The letters were awesome too, so thank you. I
will try and write you all some stuff today. Those cookies were awesome, thank you! I also reinstated muffin Mondays this week! They are great. Haha, Lindsay sent me a talk, "Come What May
and Love It" [by ELDER JOSEPH B. WIRTHLIN],which was sweet of her. Thank you again!
So I noticed I get tan really fast out here. I am sending
this picture of my awesome new tan line.
Its kinda weird. Hopefully I don't get
sunburned, I will try to wear sunscreen. It is still weird being outside all
day. I am sorry I don't get to take many pictures...or any really. Because
Elder Coburn is so obedient and trying to work hard, which is great, we don't
ever have time to take pictures. We can't when we are out proselyting, and
that's pretty much all we do. I wish I had some exciting news or pictures to
send, but we basically do the same stuff all day every day. Oh, BTW we can't
chew gum, its against the rules....so just in case you were wondering.
Hey your dad [Grandpa Rick] asked a question about if we get a lot of heat
here because of the church's position on gay's. If you see him let
him know that we don't. It really isn't that common out here. We mostly get
heat for polygamy and stuff like that. Thanks!
So the night after I sent you
guys letters, I fell on my bike again. This was the first day wearing those
slacks and somehow on this fall they ripped. Luckily I was wearing the ones
that can be replaced. Can I send you guys the picture of the holes, to get them
replaced? [A little "shout out" to Missionary Mall. Laura called them on Monday, and they are sending a new pair to Michael's mission office for the low postage price of $8.]
I do actually think of the golf course quite often. It was hard, but definitely a good experience. I liked how much I learned that I can keep with me for my own yard work. One thing I have noticed is how much people can neglect their yards, jobs, cars, and even families. Dad, thank you so much for how hard you worked in school, work, and church. It made life so much more enjoyable and much less stressful. I hope you are seeing the rewards, but I hope you know how grateful I am for those blessings of your diligence. You really provided a great life for us.
Mom, it's cool to have traditions like that. We can't go out unless a member invites us to, but some of the traditions we have are: every Sunday morning we make a big breakfast (hash browns, french toast, bacon) or sometimes breakfast burritos. This week we are starting muffin Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Waffle Wednesdays, French Toast Fridays, and Sausage Sundays (Thursday and Saturday are free for all).
[In our email, we mentioned some of Jeff Gardanier's tracking Technics which included the "Stating the obvious game."] That is hilarious. The other day we were riding and Elder Coburn started talking to a lady and he said, "Just out walking the dog?" And right as he said that, I saw it was a cat on a leash. Haha! I didn't stop laughing for awhile.
I would love any cool lesson ideas that you have. We were trying one we had heard where you mix somethings together and it glows, but we can't make it work. Any cool ideas would be appreciated, especially ones that memorize kids.
Thank you for all the support. Alright I gotta head out, I will talk to you later! Love you!
Mom, it's cool to have traditions like that. We can't go out unless a member invites us to, but some of the traditions we have are: every Sunday morning we make a big breakfast (hash browns, french toast, bacon) or sometimes breakfast burritos. This week we are starting muffin Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Waffle Wednesdays, French Toast Fridays, and Sausage Sundays (Thursday and Saturday are free for all).
[In our email, we mentioned some of Jeff Gardanier's tracking Technics which included the "Stating the obvious game."] That is hilarious. The other day we were riding and Elder Coburn started talking to a lady and he said, "Just out walking the dog?" And right as he said that, I saw it was a cat on a leash. Haha! I didn't stop laughing for awhile.
I would love any cool lesson ideas that you have. We were trying one we had heard where you mix somethings together and it glows, but we can't make it work. Any cool ideas would be appreciated, especially ones that memorize kids.
Thank you for all the support. Alright I gotta head out, I will talk to you later! Love you!
I love you guys, I will try and write other cool stuff in
the letters. Let me know if you need anything!
Love,
Elder Michael Gardanier
P.S. Yesterday we were walking down the street and a guy in his car waved and then said, after we talked for a sec, "See you later Brigham, Brigham, and Joe." ;)
P.S. Yesterday we were walking down the street and a guy in his car waved and then said, after we talked for a sec, "See you later Brigham, Brigham, and Joe." ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment