Wow, it definitely feels like time is getting a little faster. It is crazy to see others coming out and now I am not the newest in the mission. I heard from the Zone Leaders that the next two transfers will be about 16 and 18 missionaries and over half of both groups are going to be sisters! Its crazy how many are coming out!
Conference was awesome, definitely something to look forward to. All the missionaries in both zones in Chico came to the stake center here for conference. It was cool. Plus on Saturday we were so busy with conference and studying that we didn't go out proselyting at all. It was definitely different. I loved the focus on missionary work and how it encouraged the members to help. I also learned on Saturday that unlike in Utah, most people here don't go to priesthood session. There is one stake center in all of Chico, and all the priesthood holders in the whole city are suppose to come here...the chapel wasn't even all the way full. Seriously like 25% of everyone had a missionary tag on. It was kind of sad.
I was also impressed with how much they talked about missionary work, that was nice for me so I didn't feel forgotten out here!
Haha that sounds like an awesome trip! [Our family just got back from Spring Break in San Diego. Many times the kids spoke tenderly of not having Michael there to carry heavy stuff or ride skate boards on the boardwalk.] I don't know, I think relaxing on the beach sounds like a blast! But I am glad you had fun. Well I guess Aimee is bound to be albino forever!;) Haha its probably cuz it wouldn't be fair for everything to be perfect for her! [Aimee immediately saw the tender compliment in this.] It has been extremely windy here too! Today there are supposed to be up to 50 mph winds. Good thing its P-Day!
The investigators are going good. I think I may have been unclear about everything so let me see if I can straighten it up.The one who was struggling with coffee, is getting baptized this Saturday at 2:00. He was able to stop drinking coffee last Sunday. I am excited. The 9 year old is set for June 8. She is doing awesome and her family is awesome as well. We get to come up with fun creative activities each time we go over to help illustrate the points of the lessons. One of them we used corn starch and water to show that we have to be continually working in order to stay solid, and if we stop, we melt. They loved that. The couple we helped move in is a part member family. They haven't been too keen on us stopping by and they are still really young and don't see a huge need for the church right now. Seriously they are like 20. So we have kind of let them slip to the back burners. There is another investigator with a date. She hasn't quiet gotten a good testimony of the Book of Mormon yet, has a fear of commitment, and doesn't like being around crowds of people, so church is a struggle. We don't have a new date with her yet, but hopefully at our lesson tomorrow, we can commit her to baptism again.
P-Days are getting better. We finally have a schedule down to get all our shopping, cleaning, and laundry done by 2:00 pm so we can go play games until we need to leave. One of the things that I think helped me was just getting used to the fact that P-Day isn't really a day of rest...I was expecting naps and relaxation, but its actually just basketball and other stuff that makes you exhausted. So I guess they are getting better now.
I had an epic wreck on my bike last night. I wasn't watching and ran into Elder Coburn...Long story short I went over the handle bars, gashed my leg, and my bike landed on top of me. Surprisingly even though my leg was bleeding a little, there weren't any marks or tears in my clothes! So that's good! It is also officially not suit coat season. We don't have to wear them anymore, so I can get the slacks out now. One of the downsides of charcoal slacks is that they show sweat very clearly, which I didn't realize. So I will have to wear them on cooler days. I am glad we didn't get more of them!
I am defiantly feeling better after Conference weekend, but I also can't help but feel like I need to be better. I guess that is the whole point of it though! It is kind of depressing that Conference is over, but I guess I get to look forward to the next one! I love you!
Wooo go Michigan! I also heard BYU did good in the NIT tournament. [Just a quick note to let you know that in honor of you we have been cheering on Michigan for the NCAA tournament. They have pulled off some miracle finishes and made it to the final game tomorrow (Monday) night. Hopefully we can watch it for our activity for FHE.}
I can't wait to hear from you guys again. Let me know if I can do for anything for you guys. Thanks for the support!
No comments:
Post a Comment