Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Letter from Mission President

[We just received this letter March 5, 2013, it was addressed on February 19, 2013]




Dear Brother and Sister Gardanier,

Sister Weston and I were thrilled to welcome your son, Elder Michael Jeffrey Gardanier, to the California Roseville Mission.  I determined from my personal interview that he is a fine missionary.  Thank you for encouraging him to put aside the things of the world to serve a mission and for your teaching and guidance that have brought him to this point in his life.  We want you to know that we will do all in our power to assist him in serving a successful and productive mission.

Please send mail and packages for your missionary to the mission office a the address listed above.  I recommend that you send all packages through the US Postal Service using FIRST CLASS MAIL or PRIORITY.  This mail can be promptly forwarded.  Packages delivered by UPS, FedEx, or similar carriers cannot be forwarded.  These packages may remain in the mission office until they can be delivered at a scheduled meeting or when someone is passing near your son's area.

Knowing their family is well and happy contributes to a missionary's successes   I cannot stress enough the importance of your son receiving a weekly uplifting letter from each parent.  Letters from brothers and sisters are also very important.  He will be allowed to send and receive e-mail from family members once a week for thirty minutes, usually on Monday's.

Sincerely,
John G. Weston
Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment