[Sunday night we received a picture text from Steve Collins, who had just fed the missionaries. He wrote', " Just wanted to let you know your boys are doing well and are being fed. Thanks for sharing them with us. Their testimonies are powerful. They are great missionaries doing great work."]Haha well I am glad you are easy to please, because
picture texts aren't too hard for people to send.
So basically this week was the week of strange food. I
had some Hmong food, as pictured below. You can't see it, but there is cow
stomach in there. We also had some sort
of Italian seafood soup thing with sea bass, prawns, shrimp, crab legs, and
oysters in it. Then the next day someone fed us salmon. [These are new to Michael since Laura doesn't cook seafood in the house.]
That's a real bummer about BYU and their football season…
Last night we were at a member’s house for a missionary farewell/dinner. I
walked by one room as I went to get a drink, and for about two seconds my eyes
glanced at the TV and what was on? Of course the Broncos 49ers game. I looked
up just in time to see someone catch a ball right in the end zone as they fell
out of bounds. And of course when I happened I saw the score, and to my great
surprise the Broncos were destroying the 49ers. I didn't look long enough to
see if the game is almost over anything but I hope that's how the rest of the
game went to. Anyways it was weird to see football again after so long.
It sounds like the apartment search is going well! Thanks
for all you’re doing. I was talking to a member last night, whose daughter is about
to head off to BYU for the same semester I will be there, and they recommended
some apartments called "the centennial"? I don't know anything about
it but they recommended it. I'm sure you know more in a probably heard about
them already and they're doing a research, but they told me to pass the word
along.
I'm still getting to know the area, but we are seeing a
lot of success. The sister missionaries attached to our family ward have been
seeing a lot of success as well and they even gave us some people they don't
have time to teach so we will have more stuff to do. It's been tough trying to
get to know the area after Elder Paige had only been here for a short time and
then him trying to teach me after only a short time as well, but we're
figuring things out slowly. I guess we'll just take it one day at a time.
We took another missionary who we live with to the store
today so he could buy a raincoat, but unfortunately he couldn't find one. But I
did find a $100 spider jacket for only $20. I was pretty excited and it looks
really cool so I of course I had to get it.
I got my eye sliced today playing basketball and Elder Geisler
dislocated his shoulder. Haha it was a rough day and yes I desperately need a
haircut.
Have a great week and I will talk to you guys later!
Thanks for everything!

Our boys have such great smiles! Even after cow stomach and getting poked in the eye, Elder Gardanier is happy. I agree with Brother Collins, "They are great missionaries doing great work." Love, Elder Larson's Mom, Sarah :)
ReplyDelete