Wow, sounds like fun in Boston. I think from Dad's job,
us kids have gotten the wrong impression of what a 'business trip' actually
is...because from our perspective now, you guys just get a bunch of mini vacations
with travel paid for by Dad's work. Ryan and Daniel never knew about the days
back in Colorado where business trips didn't mean vacation. Haha but I am glad
you kids are having fun on your excursions! [Steve had a business trip in Boston, and Laura tagged along at our own expense. Work only paid Steve's flight and hotel for two of the nights.]
| See, one of us is working! |
I am sure church in that environment was interesting. I think
it is cool that you guys got to talk to the missionaries. Haha it sounds like
one of them comes home the same time as Elder Holbrook. [While in Boston, we attended the Cambridge Third Ward, which is mostly married college students from Harvard.]
Yea, most likely Elder Harris and I won't be companions.
I am starting to realize that it is probably a good thing though, because I
wouldn't want the stresses of being companions to ruin our relationship. It was
fun to travel down and back with him though!
I still feel uncertain as a missionary, but not because I
haven't learned a lot; rather I feel uncertain because I am starting to realize how
much there is that I don't know! I do feel like I have changed, but I guess I
won't know exactly how much and if it was for better or for worse until I get
home and into the swing of things. In the meantime I guess I will just keep trying
to be better!
The investigators are doing well. The one with the little
kid from the pictures is a nice guy, and likes us. He just is super busy with a
lot of self-imposed engagements that prevents him from being able to progress.
There isn't a whole lot we can do for him except to visit and keep praying for
him. We did meet this family of investigators for the first time this week!
They are awesome! I honestly thought they were members of the church when we
went to their home. They recently moved here and are super busy with a new
business and 4 kids, but they really like us and we are hoping to have dinner
with them sometime this week. It would mean the world to me if we saw this
whole family come into the gospel together! There is nothing better than that.
The RM in the YSA Branch here from Colorado who just got
back from his mission to Colombia is cool, and we still stay in touch with him.
I hope it continues when I get back as well. Yea I have been trying to stay in
touch with the guy from Palo Cedro...He has been going through a lot of stuff
and has sort of fallen away a little bit. It is really sad for me, so I have
been trying to get him to answer me on Facebook so I can talk with him. Funny
thing is that the YSA branch he belongs to is currently the same YSA branch
that Elder Harris is assigned to up in Redding! So I am trying to get an
address so Elder Harris can go get him to come back to church. He really would
make a great missionary, but just has to make the commitment to be active right
now.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Let me know if
there is anything I can do for you guys. Be safe and have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment