The
family we found was unable to come to church yesterday, despite us having a
ride for them. We were able to get some members who wanted to give them a ride
but because the wife works late we were unable to find them awake.
I
was on exchange this week with the Hmong missionaries and we had a very
interesting day. Because one of them speaks American Sign Language, we traveled
outside the zone to go help some other missionaries teach a deaf little girl.
The lesson went well and it was interesting to try and teach in a language that I
had no idea how to say anything in. Also interestingly enough, this girl's
family is all Hispanic. Part of the time we spent teaching them in Spanish.
After that lesson we travel to a Hmong family and taught them a lesson as well.
Finally we went to another family and talked them a lesson in English. So
according to my account, on Thursday I was able to participate in teaching four
lessons in four different languages. It was crazy!!!
I
don't know if we will be able to get another mini missionary. This is the first
time I have been able to my whole mission. Some of the other ZL's just got mini
missionaries as well, but it doesn't seem like there's a pattern. There isn't
exactly sent program for being a little mini missionary, it sounds like
someone's bishop talks with the stake president mission president and sets it
up.
That
is so weird to hear about all these people leaving on missions. I am scared
it's going to be really different when I get home. I guess once you
leave, the world isn't exactly the same when you get back. I'm sure it will be
an interesting transition, but for now I guess I don't have to worry about it too
much.
Good
luck in New York City. That sounds like a fun trip, and I hope you guys have a
fun time!! Take lots of pictures!!
I
did get the package. Thank you so much for that, I will have to let you know
how it goes.
That
is exciting to hear about all the new missionaries. We get to see those coming
out in the next transfer, and we are only going to get about 12. Hopefully in
the later transfers we will get more. You know how much I love training; I
would love to do that again. We will see what the Lord has in store.
Thanks
for everything, and I can't wait to hear from you guys again. Let me know if I
can do anything for you. Talk to you later. Bye!
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment