Looks
like I will be here for another 6 weeks. The only change that really affected me
is that we are getting another set of Hmong elders in our ward, and they will
be living with us...that will be weird...I just hope it doesn't make it hard to
be obedient! [This is the first time Michael will have other missionaries in his apartment.]
That's
cool that you had the idea for a budget. As I've been out here I've had similar
thoughts, and it just makes sense. I guess that's something I will have to work
on when I get home. It seems like it could save you a lot of headaches, and
unnecessary stress.
It
was very interesting to meet President Marston. What we thought was funny was
how new he seems, and I'm sure that it is a rough transition at first. I felt
especially bad for the APs, as they have to carry the mission right now.
President Marston is a great guy, although he's very different from President
Weston. He makes a lot of jokes, and laughs, and tries really hard to get along
with everyone. We will see if anything changes as he starts to know more about
what mission life is like. It should be interesting. This upcoming week we will
have the opportunity to go to the "meet the president" meeting where
everyone in the mission will get to meet him. That should be interesting and
fun.
[This week we had the opportunity to visit with two special families from Arizona; the Despain and Porter families.] I'm
glad you had a fun time with the Despain family. It seems like its always fun
with them, and it doesn't surprise me that dad is so good with the kids. I
didn't know Ryan Porter was about to leave on his mission so soon! That's
crazy! I imagine it's got to be weird going to Canada, but especially speaking
Korean. Last night we had dinner with someone in the ward and her husband is
currently deployed in Korea. She was telling us that it is a very difficult
language to learn, but I guess the point is to rely on the spirit, and the gift
of tongues.
Yesterday
our recent convert, Rocky, asked me to ordain him a priest. It was really cool,
especially because Bishop invited the whole Priest’s quorum up because they
don't get the chance very much. I think that was a great idea for those young
men.
Congratulations
on your anniversary! I hope you guys have a fun time, and that the New York
trip was a fun vacation for it.
Sometimes
it is hard for me not to wish this time away as well… but the crazy part is how
fast it all goes by. It seems like no matter what I do weeks just keep flying by
and I keep falling behind in my journal and have to catch up. I hardly notice
how much happens that I don't get to record, but I guess one day I'll be able
to remember it all.
I
don't know, but it still feels like I'm a brand-new missionary. Every day I
still feel like I'm "faking it to make it", and I keep asking people
when this feeling is going to go away… But so far everyone I've asked says that
it doesn't. I guess there's just so much to learn, that we never feel like
fully understand it all. We should have a good time this transfer, but I
don't know how much sleep I'm going to at the end of this transfer waiting for
the next transfer calls… They will be the last ones that really impacted me.
There's a lot that could happen, so we will just see what the Lord needs.
Thanks
for the letters and emails. Let me know if I can do anything for you guys! Have
a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment