Monday, July 21, 2014

7-14-14 The Lord's Timing

It was stressful trying to get everyone moved around with transfers. I was hoping that the fact that we were staying the same would mean that we could get some work done on transfer day, but I was wrong. We didn't get to proselyte at all on Tuesday, and then due to our meetings on Friday we didn't get much work done then either. As great as meetings and stuff are, nothing feels as satisfying as just working, even if it still is uncomfortable for me. Anyways, this next week will be better!

We had a good lesson with that family on Saturday. We were able to get them all over to a member's home and talk about baptism, and we even committed the two kids to be baptized. Unfortunately they didn't come to church; despite us having a member ready to go pick them up. So we will have to work on a better day, but he original date for them to get baptized on was August 2nd ;) it would have been cool, but I guess it's on the Lords timing, not ours.

[Both Steve and Michael write similar thoughts on the same weeks.  They are very in tune with each other.] I don't know that I am one step ahead, or just that I am realizing that these things make sense, and since dad is very logical, he thinks the same. I just wish I had realized that a lot earlier!

Yesterday I got to interview a 17 year old girl for baptism. It was really cool because she had gone to seminary for 2 years already because a Friend invited her. I was asking her about some of the interview questions and she was answering with scripture mastery verses and her testimony...haha I am pretty sure she knew the scriptures better than I do. Needless to say she passed the interview and will be getting baptized on Wednesday.

Haha trunky much?? [Yes, we've been trunky for the past 18 months!]  Yea all the sisters here that came out with us are almost done. That is weird. At our meet the president meeting our new mission president got up and was speaking to us. At one point he was talking about how he welcomes new missionaries off the plane. He explained that after he interviewed them, he took each one over to the transfer board and showed them the pictures of all 254 missionaries in the mission and said "now that we have had this interview, I now know you better than 99% of all these people..." And then pointing to the whole board he said "and all of these missionaries go home before you". Hahaha we died laughing when he said that!! No we didn't all go to the same meeting, he had 4 different “meet the president” meetings throughout the mission. I did get to see Elder Geisler again, which is always fun. I am sad I still haven't gotten to see Elder Benedict since I got transferred almost a year ago! [These are the two missionaries Michael trained.] I still write him, but hopefully we will get to see each other again. President Marston is still adjusting. Yesterday we had our stake missionary coordination meeting and he came. The meeting went well; I really like the stake president here. President Marston explained a lot about himself at that meeting, so we got to know him even more. He is much different than President Weston, which is....an adjustment. Anyways, it is good.

I am doing good, the ties were great, thank you. I think you were right on with 2 of them, but I am sure others will grow on me. The ones that are really popular here are the ones with the big paisleys on them. I will attach some examples of ones I have, but I don't have any really cool ones. I saw a picture of Tyler at his graduation ceremony and he was wearing an awesome tie. Anyways, those are just the cool looking ones. The shinier the better! Thanks for everything you guys do for me.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment