Thanks for the pictures! That is awesome that Aimee was able
to press through the mental wall and continue to the finish. I think that is
what life is all about! It sounds like despite the cold weather, you all
managed to have a fun and successful weekend.
| Lindsay and Daniel both performed in the Gold Cup piano recital. |
| Ryan ran the whole 30 minutes in the annual Ridgeline Run |
| Aimee and Steve running the Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon |
| Even in a downpour, Aimee took third place in her age division |
| Even the downpour didn't stop all 4 kids playing soccer as playoffs started this week. |
I wouldn't say my Spanish vocabulary is increasing...we don't get to
do a whole lot of work with the Spanish Elders. I am learning to pray in
Spanish, so that will be awesome when I get that down. Nothing fancy, but just something
useful on exchanges. Sometimes the Spanish missionaries translate for us if we
want to say something and can't. The people are usually very kind about
it.
Well I will have to try the jump rope this week. I messed my
leg up last Monday playing basketball and could barely walk all week, but I
did manage to do 1000 on Saturday. The problem is I can't do it all in one
go. I can only do a max of 300 at a time, but usually it is more like
100-200. I am sure that will come more with time and practice.
I am so happy that Ryan recognized those pictures from
Assassins creed. The guy who owns them was like the biggest super nerd I have
met, but he had some cool stuff (and a lot of weird stuff too).
Interviews with the Mission President are tomorrow morning.
I will talk with him about it then. I asked Elder Harris about it a few months
ago and he said that he is not going to try to head home early. [We are changing which semester Michael comes back to BYU.]
Ha-ha, well I hope it doesn't get you too caught up in the
details and all the bad news of missionaries. Well yea, there are a lot of
things I don't tell you guys. Just
details. It's all good, I am doing great and the work is great! And we are all
doing well.
The area I am in right now is very humble, and I
love it...but when I am on exchanges in other places in the stake and people
find out I serve in Olivehurst they usually cringe...just to kind of give you
an idea. But we are doing good!!:)
At church this week one of the recent converts came up to me
and told me she had a message for me. What is weird is that ever since I have
been in this ward, I have gone way out of my way to talk to her and get to know
her because she is so quiet, and still she barely talks to us. Anyways,
needless to say, she had my attention when she started talking to me. She
said that she had visited Utah a week or so ago and had seen and talked with
Elder Coburn!! It turns out he baptized her when he was here! It was so cool to
get to talk to her about it. That is probably the biggest blessing of serving
here in this ward; It is like I get to work with Elder Coburn again! Despite
the fact that he has moved on to....other companions ;) :P
We are finally resolving concerns with other missionaries.
It has been really stressful, and I now know why my hair is falling out! It’s
okay though, life goes on!
Thanks for the letters! Let me know how everything else
goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment