This week was good. I really was faced with some of the new
responsibilities as we had some problems to deal with. Normally we see the
mission president twice a month for meetings, but this week we either saw him
or talked to him on the phone almost every day. I didn't realize how lucky I
was to have Elder Coburn as a trainer...missionaries like him aren't super
common, and I was blessed. As ZL's, we technically are over the Sisters in our
zone, but there is a sister leadership position called a Sister Training Leader
(STL) now. We have one in our zone. And that is a Sister missionary who is
assigned to sort of take care of the needs of the sisters in the zone, and to
go on exchanges with them and what not. So we are friends with the sisters, and
get along with them and associate with them, and they still call us for
permission to do certain things, but they turn to their STL for most personal
needs. Interestingly enough, the STL in our zone was called to a mission in
Brazil, but has been here in our mission waiting for a visa...for over a year!
Well this week her visa came in, so she will be going down to Brazil next month
for the last 5 months of her mission...it is kind of funny...but she is worried
that she isn't going to remember all of her Portuguese! I am just so happy that
stuff didn't happen to me.
What is the name of the guy in my ward whose sister you
know? Sorry we have a huge ward and I am still new here. I am getting to know
people slowly, but so far I haven't found you a new 'Brother Felix' yet, but I
will keep you posted. Sorry.
Sorry about the not running thing, now you can join the rest
of us in the bleachers at races! Haha probably not what you wanted though...Its
all good. I am just glad everything turned out so well! Thanks for keeping me
posted. [Laura went to a doctor appointment, and found out she isn't allowed to do any jarring moves like running for the next 6 months.]
I will get you a picture of my new companion as soon as I
can...We are so busy all the time and on so many exchanges during the week that
we are still building our relationship (as weird as that sounds). But I will
make sure to get that. Time is flying by so fast here. Elder Holbrook told me
that "Your mission is over once you become a zone leader" and now I
am starting to see what he means by that. Time just goes by so fast! I can't
believe it is Monday again already! We are just so busy all the time! I can't
imagine how fast it goes for the AP's! Anyways, my companion is super cool. He
is a great teacher, and very good about being persistent with people, which is
hard for me. I learn a lot from him, and we tend to get a long well. This week
I really came to appreciate how obedient he is, as I am slowly realizing how
rare that is...it is sad.
My mission president isn't trunky in the sense that he can't
wait to go home...but we are seeing certain things like how hard he is coming
down on disobedience now (not to say he didn't before, just even more so now).
He is working really hard to make sure everyone is doing their best and worthy
of all the blessings that are available through exact obedience. So maybe that
is because he is almost done, and wants to leave here better than he found it,
which no doubt will be the case. His wife is a saint, and is equally as
dedicated. She just radiates love to all those around her...she is awesome. So
it is a good thing they aren't trunky, because that would make it hard for all of
us.
Sorry I haven't been giving you a lot of details recently,
we have reports due every Monday, so we are pretty busy. This week was good,
for the most part. We are having a lot of success in finding new people to
teach through part member families. Last night we were at one of our LA PMF's
home, and his wife came in to talk with us as well (she is the non member). Well turns
out she is an active Jehovah's Witness....it was crazy! We were there for a
long time and it was weird because it wasn't confrontational bashing or anything
like that, but it was very civil. We even got through most of the Restoration
lesson. They are an awesome family, and invited us back for dinner in a
couple weeks, so we are going to keep talking then. There was another family we
started teaching a couple weeks ago and we committed them to be baptized in a
few weeks! It was sweet! We have a lot of work going on here, and it is awesome
to be a part of.
I would like some more long sleeve shirts. I guess I just
like how thin and fitting the ones from Mr. Mac are, although the ones you sent
most recently (From Macy's?) is good too...I guess I just have expensive
taste...haha which is not a good thing!!!! Anyways, I am surviving out here,
and am doing great, so don't do anything crazy for me. I am doing great!
We have
been taking survey's each week about our iPads and there was a super long one
this past week asking about all different things, and then it asked us if we
would prefer using a smartphone, mini tablet, full size tablet, or laptop for
the rest of our mission, which I thought was a crazy question!! They told us
that they needed all of this info for a meeting they would be having with the
brethren before General Conference this next week...wonder whats going
on!
Thank you for all of the love and support. I appreciate the
time you put into writing letters, packages, and emails. Thanks for the
prayers, and I hope that everything goes well this week. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment