I will just send a quick update
about this past week. It was great and I thought I would include some of the
highlights.
This
week was great. We had a good day with our Mission President, although he was
only able to spend a couple of hours with us due to some other problems in the
mission. It went great though, and we were able to put someone on date for
baptism with him. It was sweet!
We
did some sweet service this week! One of the families we are teaching is big
into dirt track racing, and they build a lot of cars, and engines and things
like that. Anyways so they invited us to come over and help them with a car they
are working on. It was so cool! They were getting close to wrapping it up, so
we just got to help with a few things. We were able to put the back axles in
and I even got to spray paint the drive shaft. We didn't have a ton of time,
but they said we could come back this upcoming week to help them with another
car they are about to start, and there will be a lot to do. We did get some
awesome pictures though! I will have to send them when I get a chance...
On
Friday we had dinner with a part-member family. The husband is the member, and
he is French, so he told us that we should expect to eat a lot! Well we didn't
eat much lunch that day in order to prepare. He made us this awesome chicken,
but persuaded us to each eat two massive chicken breasts and 3 servings of
mashed potatoes and gravy. After a short break, he told us it was time for
desert...crepes. He told us he would make as many as we would eat, and then
informed us that the record was still held since 2003 of an Elder eating 18 of
them after dinner. Anyways so we started eating. And they were the best crepes
I have ever had. The first 5 were delicious. Then there was a friendly competition
between me and my companion to see who could eat the most. After what seemed
like forever we looked down and realized we had eaten 15 of them, and I was
stuffed! But the record was sooooo close!
His wife was talking with us and couldn't
believe we had eaten so many after our huge dinner, and the husband told us
that he was making us stop. He said we had to wait 10 minutes, and then if we
still felt like we could eat more, then he would let us. After ten minutes we
both were still stuffed, but we wanted to try to beat the record! Somehow, and
I have no idea how, we managed to finish 19 crepes!!! I have no idea how we ate so
many....but it was not good for our bodies, that's for sure! Most of them were
brown sugar, Nutella, and cream...but I did have two or three fruit ones. That's right! We are
now the record holders!! Haha afterwards the husband came up to us and said
"I just thought I would let you know, that between the two of you, you ate
2.5 STICKS of butter!"......it was crazy. Neither of us slept very well
that night, and didn't eat anything really for the next 22 hours....I am pretty
sure that was not good for our bodies, but we did it! Haha anyways, just
thought I would let you know what pain I was in this weekend.
General
Conference was great! I really enjoyed the talks, especially President
Uchtdorf's talk on Sunday morning; "Dieter, don't even think about
it!" I loved that! What did you all think? Elder Bednar's talk I also
really enjoyed! Yes that was a weird story....I probably would
have hit a guy if he threw potatoes at me...so I guess that's why I am not in
that kind of area. We have had a bible thrown at us, don't ask why, but that's
about it!
Anyways,
I hope that all is well! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys. Thanks
for the package! The shirts look great! And of course I think I can always
handle a little junk food;) Take care!
We
got a bunch of phone calls early this morning....one of our investigators
passed away unexpectedly last night....it's scary!
I mentioned that you had that blood clot in one of my
letters to my Mission President and he responded that he would keep you in his
prayers! So you can lean on that! He's a
great man! It's all good; I am just making sure you are all alright!!
Well it sounds like the girls will have fun at prom!
You will have to let me know what they do. And yes, send pictures! [This past week Lindsay was asked to Prom and she will be in the same group date with Aimee!]
My companion is starting to apply for BYU today, as he
didn't apply before his mission....what a pain! He is applying for the same
semester that I will be getting back, but I am just so glad I don't have to do
that right now! It's even harder to try and do out here! I am glad Aimee is not
too nervous. College isn't hard, she can do it. I can't believe it is almost
time to start thinking about that again.
Thanks for the letter! Feel better and let me know what
is happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment