Haha Cinco de Mayo? Not really, there aren't many holidays
that are widely celebrated out here....But thanks, happy Cinco de Mayo to you
as well!
Yea, it is way cool to still get to feel like I am working
with Elder Coburn! My mission president always asks about him in my interviews.
I have been asking a lot of missionaries about their trainers and if they liked
them or still hear from them. I am shocked because I haven't found anyone that
really does! I guess I just got super lucky with Elder Coburn! We are trying to
work with the members more. The longer I am
out the more I realize how small of a role that the missionaries play, and how
crucial of a role the members play. There is only so much we can do, and we are
only in a ward for such a short period of time. I wish more people realized how
important they are in the work of salvation.
As far as calling home goes, we are thinking about 4 to 5
your time (depending on some delays that may interfere). Does that work for you
guys? We will plan on hearing from you then! As far as advice for your talk on
mothers goes, I don't know how much help I am. I have thought a little about
the topic and I think if I could change my mission plaque scripture I would
change it to Alma 56:47-48. I think that pretty much sums it up. I have seen so
clearly out here how children without a good family tend to wander when the
challenges come. It is so important to have a good mother and I think they play
such a crucial role. For me, and this is just my opinion, which could be way
wrong, I was sort of sad with what happened after the age change for sister
missionaries. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with girls going on
missions, and from my experience out here, they are some of the best teachers
and missionaries in general, but I felt like the attitude changed and girls
felt like they were obligated to go on missions. Missions are great, but I
think that THE most important thing a girl can do is be a righteous mother. Now
I am not saying missions interfere with that, and they don't, but I was just
sad because it made me feel like some girls would think less of themselves because
they hadn't served a mission. I am not sure if I am making any sense, but I
have just gained such a greater understanding and appreciation for good mothers
since being out here. And you most definitely are a great mother.
It is so cool to hear how the ward is growing together amid
all of this. Let me know if I can help with anything! [Sister Bev Goudling passed away Saturday morning after a very courageous fight against cancer.]
That is so weird that Aimee is going to be going to a YSA
ward! Has she gone yet? Are there a lot of people that she knows there? That is
crazy!
The ward is good, we don't have any complaints. I am
starting to get more comfortable in the area, and more importantly, in the
calling. This past week we had so much stuff we had to do, that we barely had
time to work! We had meetings all Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. It is a hectic
schedule but it makes the time fly by! This week will be a busy week as well,
but I am excited for it as well. The apartment is good, and I am doing alright
as far as clothes go. Sometimes we do enough service that I run out of service
clothes before I can make it Monday to wash them!
This past week there was a family in the Spanish Branch that
got baptized. Beforehand, though, they needed to interview all five of them for
baptism. It was so cool to see all of them joining the church together. It was
funny because we had the DL there doing the interviews, but there were so many of
them that they asked us to help to. So for like an hour, all 3 of us were
interviewing different people at the same time! It was awesome! The work
is hastening for sure! We had 3 baptisms this weekend in the zone, which was
huge for just 2 days!
I haven't been on Facebook in like 3 days...Elder Ormsby is
going back on a mission?!?!?!?! That is so
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He will do great I am sure.
Okay, so Elder Holbrook is originally from Meridian
Idaho, but since he has been out his family moved to Bountiful Utah. He is the
only boy in his immediate family. He wants to get into Computer Science and he
won't know about whether or not he is accepted to BYU until late fall, early
winter.
Thank you for the letter. Let me know if there are any
questions I did not answer effectively. I am glad to hear things at home are
going so well. I barely recognize Aimee in those pictures....it’s weird and
kind of concerning!;) [We sent Michael a copy of Aimee's graduation announcement that we will be mailing soon.] I hope that you all have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment