Thursday, May 22, 2014

Zone Conference Training

Sounds like things are going well. I know that this can be one of the busiest times of the year, but it is exciting to hear that everyone is happy and staying busy. I saw that Elder Ormsby is leaving too! That is so exciting! I am sure he will do great. I am glad that I don't have to start at 18 months again though. [Michael's MTC companion, Elder Ormsby, who went home after 6 months, is now a full time missionary in the Houston South Mission.]

I did get that package today, thank you so much! I love that shirt and will be wearing it for flag football and ultimate Frisbee today. I had just put a letter in the mail when I opened the package with the labels...haha so I will use those next week. You guys are the best at sending stuff. Thanks for being so supportive. 

I got another phone call from Brother Felix last night. He told me that the investigator that Elder Coburn and I almost baptized in Chico, Dorian, is on date for baptism on the 14 of June!!! I was so excited to hear that! It was weird because just a couple days ago I was reading in John chapter 4 and when I heard this news, these verses immediately came to mind:  
"Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth." John 4:35-37
I remember how disappointing it was when this baptism fell through, yet you always told me that some are here to 'sow' while others 'reap'. I am just so excited to see that the seeds Elder Coburn and I planted have come to fruition in a relativity quick period of time. 

As far as exercising goes, we are doing well. We try to stay in touch with that young man several times each week to encourage him. He is doing well. Elder Holbrook and I were talking about how hard it would be to get a companion that doesn't want to work out. We concluded that we can jump rope despite what our companion wants (or doesn't want) to do, but we can only go running with someone who is willing. So we will be doing a little more running now. This past week we did twice, and the first time I HATED it. This morning we went again, but decided just to slow down a little bit, and ran at a 7:50 pace instead of a 6:45 pace. It was much better, and I felt like I could have gone a lot further. Anyways, I guess we will have more to follow on that later. 

Wow, I didn't realize that Ryan Porter was already old enough to leave. I am jealous; I always wanted to go to Canada! When does he leave? Give him my best!

That is awesome that you guys did that for the Alcazar's. I am glad they are being sensitive of what their missionaries need to know, but it does not surprise me that Skyler had the prompting to fast. He is a very spiritual guy. I am sure he is a great missionary. Thanks for all you guys do for everyone else. [The Alcazar family had their dad just have a brain aneurysm removed, and needs to have another one removed.  They currently have two missionaries out, and another daughter submitting papers for her mission.] 

The baptism this week went really well. It was a little tense, but everything worked out. Did you see the picture on Facebook? It should be on my page if not. We are excited for him, and he continues to progress by reading and praying daily. I think that is the biggest key to having a strong testimony. It is easy for me to study every day, as we have a lot of time for it. I think it will still be a challenge when I get home to stay in a routine. I commend anyone who is able to study with such diligence amid the craziness of everyday life. 

Other than that, this week was pretty normal. We had zone conference up in Gridley on Thursday. Elder Holbrook and I were asked to present training on preparing investigators for the baptismal interview. It was very nerve racking to plan for, and I was sweating bullets up there, but it went well! I am just glad I have a great companion who knows what he is doing! Afterward, though, our mission president came up to us and told us it was great and he wished he could have filmed it for the entire mission. To me, that was a testimony of how the Spirit will carry what needs to be said into the hearts of the people we are teaching, despite what our weaknesses are. 

Thank you all so much for the letters and thoughts and prayers. I hope that you all have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment