I enjoyed getting to see you all so clearly, even though it
was tough to hear at times. Thanks for being so patient with me. It is always
tough to try to get everything out in just 40 or so minutes. I am glad we were
able to talk. Being able to see everyone happy is a
real tribute to how hard you and Dad worked to help us all be close and embrace
the gospel. Thanks for all of your hard work.
[When asked how many official baptisms Michael has had, he responded with this;] Well I guess it depends how you count baptisms. That is a
big controversy out here. For me, I would say that so far (not counting this
upcoming weekend) I have had 4 baptisms. I know that is really low, but it has
been good. I take great comfort in knowing that all of them are still active in
the church.
The 18 year old is a less active member who wants to be
active, but is self-conscious of his weight. So that is where we are really
working. We want him to go on a mission! This week has been tough, as we had
some recent converts here in the ward completely go less active all of the sudden
without any warning. We are trying to get in contact with them, but it has been
tough. It just goes to show that you can only ride someone else's testimony for
so long before you need to be able to stand on your own. I guess I need to
focus on helping people gain that more.
This past week was a rough transition back to healthier
food, but I feel a lot better now. I think it was just switching back that
maybe threw my body into shock. Haha if eating a gluten diet just makes my
stomach a little upset sometimes; it is worth it to me!!! I agree with you that
would be wayyyyy too stressful to try and figure out right now. I am doing well,
and really I feel great. Sorry if I made it seem like I don't. I figure it is
just from the protein powder so early in the morning, with very little in my
stomach to start with. It is nice that it keeps me so full though!
We have heard a lot about that movie. [Steve and Laura went to see "Heaven is Real"] I was curious how
accurate it would be, and from what religious perspective it would come. I am
glad to hear that you could still see the deeper meaning, despite other's lack
of understanding. I learned very quickly out here that extraordinary stuff like
that really does happen, even if I have never experienced it and if it does not
sound so common. It has been a big learning experience for me.
I hope I don't sound too critical of the members. I mean, I
understand their hesitations and fears. I experience those same fears every
day, and I still am not over it yet. One thing our mission president always
says when he speaks to members is "what is the worst that could happen?
They will say no? As long as we invite in a loving, respectful way, then they
will respond in a similar manner. Especially if they are our friends". I
think that is just something people tend to over think. Missionaries get rejected
a lot and in harsh ways because they don't know us, but when a member is
speaking with a friend or relative, there is already some level of respect. I
think I am getting a little carried away here, but I just think it takes all of
us getting a little out of our comfort zone. I guess ultimately this is the
Lord's work, and there are blessings promised for being a part of it. So it
just comes down to whether or not we want those blessings, and how far we are
willing to go for them and for the Lord.
The allergies have been a little worse the past couple of
days, as the temperatures have cooled a bit and the wind has picked up. I also
am almost out of nose spray, so hopefully allergy season will be over with here
soon. It has been a tremendous blessing that I haven't gotten sick or anything.
I know that it is a fulfillment of the scripture that says "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be
in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." -D&C
84:88.
Thanks for the letters. I loved getting to talk with you
all. I hope that you have a great week, and everything goes well. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment