All the
seasons have seemed really short, but yea, this winter was very short.
Hopefully we will get some more rain, because it looks like there are some fires
starting up in the mountains west of Redding. (Today we are in Redding getting
the oil changed right now.)
That
is cool that you got to go see Sister Goulding yesterday. That is cool that she
is so optimistic. [Sister Bev Goulding is a wonderful friend in our ward who has terminal cancer. Each week Relief Society sisters come during third hour to give her the lesson. Laura got to go with Lori Murdock and they felt like sister missionaries back 20+ years ago.]
That
is an....interesting dream. I could sure use a haircut! [Laura dreamed she was back in the mission, but this time in Roseville. She was relieved to get to cut Michael's hair.]
This
past week was good. We had a good zone conference on Friday. There were some interesting
things that happened a, but it is hard to explain, so I will have to tell you
about it some time. I have it written down.
We
found a new investigator this week through tracting. We are going to bring Mike
with us to that lesson. He is excited, and wants to come out with us. Mike was
able to go to the temple with the ward this past week and he loved it. He even
was able to do the baptism for his grandfather.
I
cannot believe that Lindsay is 16 already! You guys are going to need another
car soon! ;) [Lindsay is turning 16 this next week!]
More
scouting paperwork...fun! It sounds rough...well I hope it goes well.
Dad
has a big presentation??? Wow, that is pretty epic! Let me know how it goes!! [Steve has a presentation in New York City and Laura will be tagging along.]
I
hope your back feels better. No I haven't gotten sick yet, pretty amazing
right? We were helping Brother and Sister Paris clear out some brush in their
yard. While we were doing that, there was poison oak everywhere. Brother Paris
got a rash on his arm from it, and he was even in long sleeves. Somehow, Elder
Geisler and I were fine...it is crazy how that works....
Gavin
sent me a tie, so I think that is why he was asking. No news yet about being
engaged. Hopefully that's just around the corner!
Well
next week is transfers. Yea.
In interviews a few weeks ago my mission president said "Elder Gardanier,
you have been up here for awhile, but I promise you won't be up here
forever"....so that, along with being with Elder Geisler for 3 transfers
already tells me I am about to leave. I could have a long drive ahead of me next
week. Yea in some places, when the ward boundaries are small, they share
apartments, but from what I can tell, I think they try and avoid that. Not sure
why. I'm definitely on pins and needles about whew I will be going Next.
We also found out this week that all the trucks are
being sold and we will be getting new 2014 jeep compass'...so that will be
interesting. Oh, and we are getting sisters in the ward....so we get to deal
with that again! [He really enjoyed the Sisters in his last area, so we know this is a positive comment. They just have to turn over half of their contacts to the Sisters.]
Thanks
for everything! Got to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment