Downhill??
I don't know about that! But it is exciting to see that I have made a dent in
the time out here. So far I am pretty satisfied with how things have gone so
far. At first I thought that I would be disappointed with only having 3
baptisms so far, but I feel like I have done what I was supposed to and worked
hard. Plus it is hard not to be satisfied with the fact that I was able to keep
up with Coburn for the first 4 months.
Well
unlike some baptisms before, Elder Geisler and I were able to plan this one out
pretty far, and so this week hopefully won't be too stressful. We are done
teaching him, the interview is scheduled, and the program is taken care of.
We
weren't able to see the family this week, they weren't home. So hopefully we
can see them next week. We did find a new investigator this week, so we will
see how that land out in the coming weeks.
Yea
we were at the Paris' this morning for haircuts. They are pretty great.
The
fast was good. We are going to be watching the skies and getting ready for a
flood! I saw that you reported Elder Dimick's post. Speaking of which, from
what I read in the journal I got for Christmas, your brother Jon works with
One of Elder Dimick's relatives (father?).
As a
companionship, our mission president told us all that we need to talk to at
least 20 people each day about the gospel, outside of lessons. At first I
thought this would be easy, because in Chico, we could talk to 20 people without
trying. Well it turns out it is really hard! And the ward members know about
this so some of them have been getting on us about needing to talk to 20
people. So on Saturday, Elder Geisler and I decided we would start tracting and
we wouldn't stop until we had talked to 20 people...well just over 4 hours later
we hit out goal. No one was interested, but we were obedient. I really learned
how each area is different, and how important it is to take each chance to
share the gospel when it comes, because you don't know when you will get
another one.
Well
I look forward to next year; maybe the Broncos will do it then.
I
hope you get good news from BYU! I am excited to hear about it! Let me know of
anything exciting that happens there! Thank you for everything!
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment