Monday, February 17, 2014

Mike's Baptism

The baptism was great. I was really surprised because usually right before the baptism it is a frantic scramble, but this one went perfectly. No snags or anything. I was very surprised. I guess that just means that The Lord was really in charge of this one. I put some pictures in the mail today. Sorry you will have to wait a couple more days to see them, but you will get more of them.




That sounds like a fun night with Tori and Zach and everyone. I hope all is going well there. I am also very glad to hear that Zach was pleased with his choice to go home early. I will have to keep that in mind, because I still feel like it is a much better idea. I could use something to keep my mind busy when I get back. Well I hope I hear from Zach soon, he is a stud. 

The rain has been unreal! Today was the first day since Wednesday that we saw the sun! We got so much rain! It was awesome. We still biked on Thursday, and we got soaked and cold. I realized that I don't have waterproof gloves, so despite my best efforts, I was cold. It was weird because the thermometer said it was 38 degrees during the day, and still raining. That was a cold day. We went tracting in the rain yesterday and it was barely misting when we started, but by the time we were almost done, it was pouring. The rain coat works great, but most of the buttons have fallen off, so I am going to see if I can get sister Paris to sew them back on tomorrow when we go over there for dinner. It was definitely a crazy week. 

Thank you for the wonderful package. I love that book, what a great idea. Haha I feel like I am only 10 years old! I must have missed the page about Elder Benedict, but it was cool to be able to reflect on this past year. Especially the pictures from the MTC that I never saw before. Thank you so much. I am excited for the new shirts as well. 

Speaking of packages, I just put one in the mail today. In it are just some things I don't want or need out here right now. One is a shirt from Costco you sent a while back that I am sure is way too big for me, so I figured you could maybe take it back if you want (Or maybe dad wants it). The other stuff is an extra PMG and a cool book I found in our apartment that I want to read when I get home. Thank you, it will make transfers a little easier. 

Thanks for remembering me in your prayers, it has helped a lot. Thank you for everything. 

I hope you all have a great week. Thank you so much for the letters and the packages. Let me know if you need anything. 

Luckily this isn't Michael's truck!  It is one of their investigators who was unharmed.

Incredible area he works in!





We didn't send him with an expensive camera, so he must be really close!



An apron Laura made for Elder Giesler so he doesn't spill on his white shirts.



No comments:

Post a Comment