I can never sleep after transfer calls. I will be going to Olivehurst, CA to be one of the Yuba City zone
leaders. I will still be in a car down there. The mission owns or rents the house, so I probably do get to mow the lawn. Oh,
and there are 11 zones in the mission, so 22 ZL's. Coburn said the members take you to the Air Force base
sometimes...and that is where the SR-71 blackbird used to be based out of. It has been nice knowing that
I was going to get transferred because I have been able to pack little by
little for the last week or so. What was weird was to have Elder Geisler
packing too....kind of a strange situation. Not only are the Elders moving to
Redding, but the area north of us (Fall River) is being joined to Palo Cedro,
as far as missionaries go. So now Elder Geisler and his new companion will be
in charge of 2 of the biggest areas in the mission...so that will be an
adjustment...I am a little jealous. It is kind of nice to be getting
out right now so I don't have to worry about that. Well we can say we were the
last elders to live in the Palo Palace! [Sister missionaries are also coming to Palo Cedro, and will be moving into Michael's apartment there.]
Both me and my companion are ZL's, so we both drive and
stuff like that. His name is Elder Holbrook, and I knew him in Chico. He was
Elder Porter's MTC companion. I really like him so that will be good, I hope. Elder
Coburn is going to freak out when he hears...haha that will be interesting. Elder Coburn served there in that ward, so that is
exciting!
For me, the Sunday before transfers is awesome. It is
cool to see people show their appreciation to you and you get to see all the
friends you have made here. We had a good lesson with Mike last night and I
realized how much I am going to miss him and the members that fellowshipped
him.
Yea,
I got like a million and fifty notifications on Facebook about Aimee getting
into BYU! Congratulations!! That is awesome! Is she excited? Does she know what
she wants to study? That's a big deal! Also, when did our front yard become the
parade of flags?? ;)
I don't know if
I said last week, but all of us missionaries are covered by the church as far
as insurance goes...the co pay is $10 no matter the bill...it's pretty
nice.
Wow!
That is crazy that Lindsay is driving now too!! I am glad to hear that
everything went well with her tests and that there is another driver in the
house...your going to need another car soon!;) [Lindsay passed her driving test, and will be picking up her license at the DMV on her birthday.]
There
are a lot of work to do today and this week so we are staying busy. I am mostly
packed though and have a ride lined up, so I am ready I think....gulp. Thanks
for everything! Have a great week!
Michael
P.s.
I am sending a package home of things I think I am not going to need the rest
of my mission. A lot of it are things I got from people out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment