Monday, August 5, 2013

8-5-13 Bump Week!!!

Dear Family,

Well I am glad you liked the video. I am not going to lie; I was surprised that I didn't hear from Brother Felix on my birthday, I thought for sure you were talking to him. I was definitely surprised on Saturday evening though. Thank you.  I am going to miss being 18, but I guess there is a time and season for everything. 


[Daniel is up in Montana visiting Jeff Gardanier's family.  His daughter Ashley was baptized this past Saturday, and his son Andrew received the Aaronic Priesthood.]
Wow, Ashley is already 8??? That is cool that Daniel went with them. I think it is a good idea to get him ready, but don't forget that he is only 12, so don't over do it;)

Yea my bike is taking a beating, not as bad as my companion's bike though. But my tires are getting thin. I know, I just need to find time to get it fixed. It is a pain going to bike stores and finding rides out there. But I will get it taken care of. The Slime is absolutely amazing. I just need to get some more. But thank you for the support.

Our new investigators are good. We don't have much news yet. One of them agreed to be baptized, but he needs to quit smoking so we are working on that. 

This week I was on exchanges in the other ward and the members took us to dinner at Outback...ha-ha!  It is moments like that where I realize how lucky I am to be here in the states and not eating some small animal in another country. I miss out on learning a new language, but that steak was reallllllllly good;) Ha-ha so I guess it is a fair trade off. I had several moments this week in luxurious circumstances and I felt very blessed:) I am definitely not roughing it. 

Our apartment used to be a 4 Elder apartment, but it hasn't been for almost 5 years. I don't think they will ever double up because it is in the middle of our area, so it would be out of the way for another companionship to live there. Plus it is kind of small for 4 of us. I am surprised by how many companionship are moving out of 4 Elder apartments into their own 2 Elder ones. Plus they are nice apartments, I am jealous. But ours is big, so it is really nice.





We had an unbelievable miracle happen yesterday, I wrote it in my letter to the Mission President. That's what is pasted below:

Last week we got a referral from someone on the street telling us to go visit this family down the road who have a son who is causing some problems and the family might be interested in the gospel. He told us that the house had a boat out front with some distinct stickers on it. Yesterday we were out trying to contact this referral and we rode down the whole street and didn't see any boats with those stickers. So when we got to the end of the street we decided to go back and tract the two houses that did have boats parked out front. We knocked on the first one and a woman answered the door. In the approach for some reason I mentioned that families can be together forever. The woman looked at us and told us that just a couple of days ago she was diagnosed with cancer and then she asked us if we feared death. We talked about how it is scary moving to a new stage of God's plan for us, but that we can take comfort in knowing that we will be with those we love again. She invited us to sit on her porch and she brought out some literature from another religion that talked about not living after death. She told us that this made her very scared and feels sick. So we talked about the Plan of Salvation. She then asked us if we could come back this week and talk with her more. It was such a miracle that the one door we knocked on the whole street was this lady that has been prepared. 

It was so cool!! We will definitely see her this week. The work really is hastening.

I am so thankful to you for the birthday package. Thank you so much for everything. The BYU stuff is sweet, and I forgot how much I love whoppers;) We made a sweet cake, but it took forever! Especially when you have to take a 6 hour break in between baking and frosting. The picture book was needed and I look forward to filling it up. I am sending some pictures this week. There are a bunch of our district, but I will email the one that I think is best. And yes, I did find some aviators, but no, I didn't wear them proselyting...don't worry. I love hearing about all your fun stories, and I absolutely loved the cards you sent, they were so creative. Lindsay, that knot was sweet, but I was a little upset that you sent a picture and then didn't tell me how to tie it! ha-ha. Missionaries think the strangest things are cool!:)


I loved that EFY CD you sent me, thank you so much. There were some good songs on it. I like how many songs fit on the MP3.

I also like both types of music. The one I kind of don't like is the 80's EFY stuff you have..I am glad it takes you back but I am not a huge fan;) Thank you so much for all the support you sent me. I found out last night that I will be here for 6 more weeks. So looks like I will be leaving Chico right when it cools down...oh well.

I love you guys, have a great week! Don't be strangers!

Love,
Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment