Wow that sounds like a busy weekend. That does sound really
fun just to float down the river; I may have to do that when I get home. But
the first thing I want to do is go skiing!!!
Uhm there aren't any 'Elder Harris's' here in Chico right
now. There was one that just got transferred from Chico a couple transfers ago
that went to AF. But he is in Corning right now. That is really cool though
that you are meeting people with connections.
Our district grew this week. The Spanish missionaries got a
third companion, and the sisters did too. So now our district has 10 people in
it...ha-ha my first zone had 12 people in it, so it is interesting. The new
missionaries are great. Plus we have had dinner with the Spanish missionaries
pretty often the last couple weeks. It is pretty fun with them.
This past Thursday we went out and had a crazy morning. We
talked to a bunch of people on the streets and it seemed like each one of them
wanted to talk. It was crazy! We taught 4 lessons and picked up a new
investigator and after the 4th lesson I looked at my watch and it was only 1:30
pm! Between 11:00 am and 1:30 we had taught 4 people, picked up a new
investigator, and spent an hour at lunch with a member! I think people are
being prepared; it seems to be getting faster.
The lady with cancer was supposed to be getting some test
results back last week and we tried to stop by but they were busy. They again
told us they would call us...Kind of sad, but hopefully they will follow
through. We don't want to upset them by being too annoying, but I know this can
help them. It’s just another one of those balancing acts.
Krystal is doing great, she has lots of friends (Mostly non-members
that she brings to church) and is great. Their family is pretty awesome and
they want to have a big party one P-Day playing softball at one of the parks
nearby before I get transferred. It sounds really fun. This week we had an Ice
cream social ward activity and I was shocked with how many people showed up. We
had almost as many non-members and less active members there as regular, active
people! It was so cool. Ha-ha that’s funny that you mention that dance, we had
a 5 stake dance here this weekend and I heard that they were excited that there
were about 200 kids there...the church is very different outside of Utah!
(Especially because there are only about 11 Stakes in our mission) [We chaperoned a 3 stake dance this weekend with over 1000 youth.]
That is crazy that Katie is engaged!!! I am surprised, but I
am sure it is good! I hope that everything goes well. Wow, January...I don't
think I could be engaged that long, but then again I know nothing about
planning weddings. [Katey Bennett, Michael's cousin, got engaged this past week!]
Ha-ha I wish it was about to cool down. Supposedly some of the
hottest days of the year here are in September...so I am just excited for
November, when it cools down. I hope you all are having a good time. Thank you
for the letters, I really appreciate it. It is so nice to have something to
look forward to during the day, knowing that you guys are on top of sending me
thoughts and encouragement. This has definitely been a challenge so far, and I
don't see that changing anytime soon! Thank you again, I love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment