Dear Family,
Those sound like some fun farewell’s.
My talk was nothing special, but speaking of talks,
yesterday my companion gave a talk in sacrament meeting and did unreal. It was
so good and all the ward could talk about was him. It was really good. He was
the last speaker too, and the other people left him 22 minutes for a talk he
was told that would be only 10 minutes long...but he handled it like a
champ!
Wow, that is crazy that Aimee is 17...ha-ha I feel like she
is catching up to me! The weird thing is she will be just as far, if not
further in school as me when I get home...That sounds like a fun hike! ha-ha
the boys slept in? Sleeping is overrated;)
The district is really good. It makes my job soooo easy. Yea
our district is great. We had a conference call with the Zone Leaders a little
while ago and the other district leader spent several minutes talking about
issues in his district. My report was "yea, we are all good". It is
sweet that we all get along and work hard. Plus having the Zone Leaders in our
district is fun too. I can get on lds.org, but I
don't ever really need it. The scriptures, Preach My Gospel, and True to the
Faith tend to have everything I need.
That is so cool that Daniel and Ryan saw them. A lot of people
out here ask me about them when they here I am from Lone Peak. It is kind of
funny how well known Lone Peak is among people out here. [While at Firehouse Subs on Aimee's birthday, we ran into Tyler and TJ Haws. Daniel and Ryan have been told they resemble these basketball brothers.]
So I don't mean to scare anyone, but the story of the week
this week was pretty much one of the coolest experiences out here yet. So on
Saturday we were visiting some people at an apartment complex and we looked at
a gas station about a hundred yards away. To our surprise there were several
police cars and it was all taped off. As we were watching a guy in one of those
'Juggernaut' bomb disposal suits came walking out the gas station! Only 100
yards away!! It was crazy! I tried taking a picture, but was too slow. It was
sooooo cool!!! No bomb though, but definitely a highlight of the day.
This upcoming week should be good. We have some good
appointments set up and hopefully it won't be too hot. But then again who
knows. I can't wait to hear from you all again. And Aimee, happy belated
birthday! Enjoy your senior year!
Love,
Michael

No comments:
Post a Comment