Monday, July 29, 2013

7-29-13 Birthday Week

That is cool that the Spudman was so fun. I wish ours had been a cooler temperature. Yea I would do the Spudman, just get me a cool bike! Hopefully I am in a bike area before I come home so I don't get fat. 



Grandma Gardanier was kind enough to send me several pictures of Zach.

So far the work is alright. We picked up 2 new investigators, but we will see how committed they are. A lot of people like to learn more, but no one is really keeping their commitments so far. Also it is tough because a lot of people can't read the print in the copies of the Book of Mormon that we hand out, and starting this transfer we can no longer order large print copies through the mission. We are scrounging the ward for magnifying glasses and any large print copies the Library has. It is kind of frustrating with this whole "Hastening of the work", but then we get limited on the resources we have available to use. From my limited experience though, no one gains a testimony without reading the Book of Mormon.

The sisters are good, they caught on very fast so there wasn't a whole ton of babysitting;) They work hard so it is good. The hardest part for us is the fact that we have become invisible to the ward now that they are here... But I have seen how they get in better with certain people already, so overall it is a good thing they are here:)

Well they certainly don't tell us they are going to be contacting you or that they are taking pictures of us so all credit goes to them. I am glad that so many people like telling you what is going on. Was I making a weird face in those pictures? I didn't exactly get a chance to pose;) [Brother and Sister Whiting attended Michael's District meeting.  They sent an email to us saying they were both very impressed with Michael's organization and presentation.  She said we can be very proud of Michael's fine service as a missionary!]

 It was a good district meeting. Brother Felix was there for the first 5 minutes and then the Whiting's were there for about half of it. They serve in a town about 30 minutes away as Proselyting missionaries. They are too kind, I am not doing anything special. 

Tell Zach and Sara congratulations for me. That is so cool for them. [Laura just became a Great Aunt with Zach and Sara's new baby Anna!]

So far the bike odometer is at about 1200 miles so far. Not too shabby all things considered. This week will hopefully be a busy week. We have a bunch of appointments so it is looking good so far!

The cooler weather is definitely going to be nice. I am looking forward to it. I wish some cooler weather was coming, but according to everyone here, some of the hottest days are in September and it doesn't really start cooling down until October...Plus I will probably get transferred at the end of September, right in time for it to cool down. Oh well.

This week I found a thumb tack in my tire (not sure where I ran over that). But somehow the slime I had already put in them managed to seal it up after a few minutes. I have had several flats but have since slimed the tubes and they are holding out. My tires are getting thinner, so I hope that doesn't mean more flats. My companion has gotten several as well. We got slime for his today.

Thank you again for all of the packages and letters so far. It is great to hear from you and to get some attention;) I appreciate the brushes for my camel back, I was able to get the mold out...it was gross. Haha! Thank you so much! 

Love,
Your 18 year old missionary...
Michael

Making Birthday Cards for Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment