Monday, July 1, 2013

7-1-13 New Companion

This week was crazy, we got something all figured out and then got a call from the AP's and they wanted us to change everything and do it differently. It all worked out, but was insane.  [Michael originally had to arrange a ride from a ward member down to Antelope to pick up his new companion.]


My new companion is Elder Benedict. He is from Hurricane, Utah.  [Hurricane, UT is right next to St. George, UT.] I don't have a picture right now, sorry. Yea it was really weird when Gavin left, like it was harder than going into the MTC (sorry mom). But it is interesting training someone newer than me. He wants to work, so that is good. He was having a rough day on Saturday because it was so hot and we were out all day and didn't have any lessons. So I have been trying to point out the small miracles that we see each day and help him focus on that. He is super excited and eager to share the gospel, so I just get to ride his wave of enthusiasm. It is pretty awesome. 

[Sunday the family attended Elder Gavin Coburn's homecoming.  Afterwards, he gave Laura a hug.] Haha well I am glad he gave you a hug! You have no idea how scared he was that you were going to hug him while he was still a missionary! He seriously was scared out of his mind! He is a stud and I was beyond lucky to serve with him. I realize that more each day. But I know that you get out what you put in. 

Yea staying cool is out of the question. After 105 it is just hot, it doesn't matter anymore;) It is just making sure to have enough water! My camelback bladder has some weird black stuff in part of the tube I noticed a couple days ago. I wasn't sure if it was mold, so I stopped using it and tried to clean it. But it is so far down the tube that I can't get to it. I dried it out and am letting it sit and so far it isn't growing anymore, but I don't know what to do. It is so hard to carry that much water without it so I am kind of nervous. Any advice?

Yesterday we had combined 3rd hour Sunday school and Brother Felix was in charge. He talked a lot about Elder Coburn and how he was the greatest missionary that he had ever known. It was incredible. He also told the ward that he used to follow us around in his car sometimes without us knowing and was impressed how we would talk to everyone. That was surprising to me, so you better believe I am talking to every single person I see from now on!!! We also now have sister missionaries in the ward so it has been crazy trying to coordinate everything. Oh and they are on bikes too! I thought we had it bad, but at least I get to wear pants! Hopefully the work will pick up, because we definitely have a ton of missionaries out here now. 


This week is going to be crazy...But I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time. Our teaching pool is very small so it is hard, but hopefully we can find some more people to teach. I finally was able to get a haircut, so maybe it won't be so hot now;) I will let you guys know if anything crazy happens. Thank you for all the support and letters, it helps a ton. Have a fun week! Be safe with the fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment