Dear Family,
We got a call last night that there was a lady about to go in
for emergency surgery and wanted a blessing. I think I have spent more time wandering
around that hospital than I have spent total times at baptisms. It is always an
interesting experience at the hospital. They amaze me, but I feel so stressed
when I walk into a hospital. But I am glad we get so many opportunities. We had
to leave our dinner appointment shortly after getting there, so we are going to
make some brownies for them today and take them by to apologize. They were nice
enough to drop dinner by after we got back.
We went over to see that lady that called and as we were walking
up the driveway she stuck her head out the door and yelled that she canceled
and didn't want to talk with us. [The lady who's grandson is leaving on a mission.] So it definitely could have gone
better...Luckily because we have the sisters here in the ward and most people
don't recognize them at first, we are going to have them tracting that street in a week or two. We will see how that goes.
That is too bad about the kid at scout camp. [A junior counselor was killed while Daniel and Steve were at camp. Daniel attended his funeral yesterday.] I am glad
Daniel is alright though.
Was it fun at the beach? I thought of that this week
and how nice it sounds to relax...haha oh well. Okay thanks for the story about
Lindsay and Tiffany...I don't think I will be able to sleep now........... [While Daniel and Steve were at camp, Laura drove the rest of the family down to the annual Gardanier family reunion.]
That is awesome about the flag! I want to get some sweet
NOR-CAL stuff when I get home. I am glad everything was good at the parties
this week. No burns or injuries are always good. I miss fireworks and BBQ's and stuff like that. Well I am
glad I am not forgotten;)
Well because our washing machine is broken, it takes forever
to dry our clothes and we have to air dry a lot of them. This means that we
have a lot of time just sitting around waiting to move laundry, so we can write
a lot of letters. Unfortunately it means we generally miss p-day activities
with the other missionaries. Hopefully it will be getting fixed this week
though!
We had a crazy experience this week! Well a couple, but on
Friday we were visiting a less active member that Elder Coburn took me to see
my first day here. This guy is really nice and told us “No matter what, don’t
give up on me". So obviously we are trying like crazy to see him. As we
were riding up some guy on the balcony started yelling "Losers,
Losers". So first I was confused because this wasn't the less active
member we were trying to see. So we knocked on the door and this guy came
storming out. He was probably about six feet tall and mostly muscle. The first
thing he said was "What are you doing here?" (With a few other
colorful words). We told him who we were and asked if this guy was here. He
told us no and that we should never come back, and that we are pathetic and
that "Mormons are on the bottom of the religious totem
pole"...whatever that means... And the whole time he was saying this he is
about 6 inches away from my face; I was convinced that I was going to get hit.
Luckily he didn't, but just like Elder Coburn taught me, as we were leaving I
made sure to ask him if there was anyone he knew we could see. He told us that
Satan might be interested and that we should go and find him...It took every
ounce of patience in me not to say "I just did" or something stupid
like that. Luckily we had dinner after that and time to re-focus.
We were able to teach a bunch of lessons to people on the
street this week, which was really good. I found that made me more excited to
go out and work each day. We also went on exchanges with the ZL's again and the
new zone leader is from Alpine and is cousin's with one of the guys I played
football with. We got a long great and had a good day. This week we also were
out and stopped to talk to this guy on the street. As we talked it was obvious
that English was his second language, and it was pretty broken. It
turns out he is from Peru and he seemed like he was pretty interested, but
there were a few phrases he didn't understand, so I did my best to muster up
some things I remembered from Spanish and was able to give him a Book of
Mormon. Right before we left he told me that my Spanish was good! I feel pretty
good about myself right now, not gonna lie!;) haha I am sure he was just being
nice, but it was cool to see the small Spanish I know make a difference.
Thank you so much for the other bladder and stuff! It came
in three separate packages and the note wasn't in the first one so I
was confused at first, but it was great. Those towels are sweet; I love just
putting it on my head when we get home at night. And the new bladder is 2x the
size of my first one, which is great. Plus my other one is getting worse...how
are you supposed to dry them out? I can't exactly get it dry with a towel and
it doesn't air out well cuz it just sticks together. But other than that, life
is good! We have some awesome members that come with us and love helping us. It
is great. We are just trying to find some way to show our appreciation. We have
some good lessons set up this week with some potential investigators and less
active's that should be good. More to come on that. Thanks for everything! I
love you guys!!
Love,
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment