Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6-24-13 Big Transfer News

The World Wide Mission training was an amazing meeting. We definitely left that feeling very "pumped up". Plus I think that missionary that gave the opening prayer is now the most famous missionary in the world! I am not sure what changes are in store, I just hope that there is an iPad waiting around the corner!

[This is Elder Coburn's last house to tract before heading home to Utah.]




We already offer church tours, but no one really is that interested. Hopefully it will pick up. As far as internet goes, I have no idea. Hopefully we will find out soon. 

 I think it was kind of hard for Elder Coburn to be leaving right when there is so much emphasis on missionary work, but he handled it well. I will just have to make sure to keep him in the loop. Haha I had to make fun of him because of how much he loves tracting. And then after the meeting and 3 different apostles saying how ineffective tracting, that is the only thing he wanted to do. I had to laugh.;) 



Thank you for the package, I will be looking for it tomorrow. Due to the transfer news, I will be here to get it tomorrow. I could use it, so thank you so much. I am not getting transferred, so I will be looking for it. The second pair of pants does not fit, but for some reason I had the idea to have Elder Coburn take them home to you guys sooooo they will be there tomorrow evening and you can decide. They are too short so maybe you just want to take them back. Thank you.



Elder Coburn is on his way down to Antelope right now. We just finished loading his stuff up and sending him off. I stay here with some Elder's from another ward (they are awesome so its great). This P-Day will be really interesting. I don't know how we will get anything done. But it will be interesting. I need a haircut so bad, but we don't have anyone to take us down there soooo I might have to wait a week.

Elder Henniger is who I am with today without Elder Coburn. He is hilarious and our exchanges over the past couple months have been awesome. He is getting transferred down to Rocklin tomorrow to be the District Leader there. He is really upset because they have some baptisms coming up. Oh well, there is a reason for everything.


  
As far as Transfers go here is what I found out last night. I will be staying here in the Chico 3rd ward. I have been called to be the District Leader as well and our district is getting two sisters (one just out of the MTC). I also will be training a new missionary. So I won't know who it is or anything about him until Wednesday morning. Sooo these next couple of transfers are going to be crazy....I have to plan for a 2 hour meeting each week, and train a new companion. Plus I need to find a member willing to drive us the 2 hours down to antelope on Tuesday night, and then a member to drive me and my new companion the 2 hours back up to Chico...And Brother Felix is out of town. So this should be interesting. Luckily one of the other missionaries in my district is training as well, so we will go down together. So hopefully we can find someone between two wards who can  take us down and someone else to bring us back. I just hope I can survive this week. Plus I have to plan for a district meeting on Thursday...Any advice?

So needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night.  I will keep you posted as soon as I know who my companion is...and how on earth I am going to survive this...

Have fun this week with Ryan at Cub Scout Day Camp, I am sure he is excited. You should get him a pocket knife, he would love that!  

Visiting Ryan Simmons and his family in San Diego sounds fun.  I would love to go see him when we are down there. The thought of chilling on the beach sounds amazing. But I guess there isn't much use in dreaming about that yet. But yes I would love to go see them. Tell them that they are awesome and that we need to go skiing sometime. 

This week was crazy with Elder Coburn leaving; it is definitely hard not to get distracted. But he was good and didn't get trunky until about five minutes before he left. I will try and write a letter with some more details about the week. Hopefully it doesn't rain too hard today and tomorrow. Thanks for not forgetting about me while I am out here. 

P.S Elder Coburn has a memory card he is bringing home that has pictures from his birthday and his last door tracting and stuff;) Don't let him forget to give that card to you guys! Also he is bringing another trinket I picked up here. Nat King Cole;)

Send my best wishes to the ward. Take care. Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment