Monday, June 17, 2013

6-17-13 Father's Day

Dear Family,

Sorry I didn't send anything for Father's Day, It kind of snuck up on me. We went to the Chico state store today to look for some stuff, but it is kind of expensive, so we weren't able to get anything. I hope you had a good Father's Day though. It is interesting because some people when they heard that we didn't get to call home on fathers day thought that it meant that we didn't celebrate father's day in the LDS church. Haha so we had to explain that we did, just no calling home. Anyways I hope all is well. Thanks for being a great dad!  [We did get a picture text from Brother Felix to celebrate Father's Day.]


I am glad that Youth conference was so good. I remember how fun those could be (and not fun too). Well I am glad Lindsay did that sooner than I did; I know it helps a lot. [The youth in the stake were challenged to ready the whole Book of Mormon the three months before Youth Conference.  Both Lindsay and Aimee finished just days before.]

The work is slow. We are supposed to have at least 20 lessons each week, but we only had 9 last week. We worked hard and I thought we did well, but then we totaled our numbers last night and they were terrible. I don't understand it cuz we obey all the rules and work hard every day...oh well.

My bike pedals are cracking, I don't know how much longer they are gonna hold up. Luckily we have more, but we don't have the tools to replace them. Hopefully my chain doesn't break! I don't know what you mean about crossing when you shift?


Last week our washing machine broke, it doesn't do the spin cycle. So we have to wash them, ring them out by hand, and then put them in the dryer for double the time. So right now we have one load drying and one hanging throughout the house with several fans blowing. It’s a process. The worst part is no one seems interested in getting it fixed, they just said to find a Laundromat. The problem is we are on bikes and can't really carry our laundry on bikes, then sit around for a couple hours. And all our members are at work except Brother Felix, but he is only free for a couple hours in the morning to take us shopping. So we just have to air dry our clothes...just another day in paradise! [Following is a picture of Elder Coburn carrying his laundry on a bike.]


Someone let us have that bike, so we took it home. Its funny because Elder Coburn had to use it for the last couple of days because his back tire got a flat and we haven't had time to fix it yet (we are too busy at night and he won't do it during proselyting time, so it just sits there and he rides a kiddy bike). If anything it is just for extra parts. 

There is this hedge here in the shape of a big G (like 15 feet tall) in someone's yard that I want to take a picture in front of. But He hasn't let me stop to take a picture yet. But we will soon hopefully. I will try to take some pictures though. [The next two pictures are before and after mowing the weeds in someone's yard.  Check out the stripes.]





Wow, a lot of people are going on missions, especially sisters. We just found out that next transfer there are going to be sisters between our ward (Chico 3rd) and Chico 4th. So starting next transfer we are going to have to coordinate with them. So I will be taking over the area, and getting a new companion, and having to coordinate with sisters new in the area. So it should be interesting! 

On Friday Elder Coburn had to go to a meeting for district and zone leaders, so I got put with another companion in the morning. Then we exchanged that night, so on Friday I had three different companions. It was kind of funny. 

We got a call from the zone leaders this week asking us if we had been driving non-mission vehicles. We were confused but then they told us the car and we realized it was Brother Felix's car. They said that a member had seen two missionaries at the store driving a non-mission car. Well, a couple weeks ago we were at the store and Brother Felix had been waiting in the car. While we were loading our groceries in the back, a guy in a BYU hat came up and gave us some chips and then commented on how sweet the car was and that he didn't know missionaries were driving SUV's now. We laughed cuz we thought he was joking, and then both got in the car (on the passenger side btw). Well I guess this guy and told some other missionaries who told the ZL's and they didn't know what to do so they called our mission president and he told them just to call us and ask. He really couldn’t believe it was Elder Coburn, (because he is the most obedient missionary in the mission) but we got it all sorted out. It was kind of funny. 

[Here is a picture of the baptism from last week.]

Anyways that is all I have to report for this week. Hopefully all is well at home. Thank you for the letters and support, they are great. We have some good lesson's set up this week so hopefully we will have more people to teach. Take care and let me know if I can do anything for you guys. I love you guys!

Love,


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment