Girl’s camp, exciting! It seems like that is all we have
been talking about in the ward councils here, so I definitely still feel like it’s
the season for that. I am sure Lindsay will do fine, she seems like she gets along
with everyone else well. [Aimee and Lindsay headed up to Heber Valley Camp this morning. Steve and Laura are going up tomorrow to take the 4th years on an overnight hike. This is Lindsay's first year without Laura at camp the whole time.]
Well I am sure it feels weird for Aimee being a senior
on account of the fact that she is the same height as most ninth graders and
has the braces to match;) But seriously it is weird to think about her
graduating next year.
Will do, tell him congratulations for me. [Jacob Bennett, Michael's cousin just graduated from high school.]
I am glad the stitches are almost done; because that
picture is disgusting...I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
It was awesome that President Weston came out with us. He
borrowed another missionary's bike and we went out for an hour and of course
the first person we talked to was interested! We couldn't find anyone for
months and with him it takes five minutes! Then we went tracting and he gave us
advice and showed us on a door. It was really interesting to see how he handled
situations. He served his mission in Japan (Tokyo I think), so we talked about
that a lot.
This week we had dinner at
a member's house and they made us Hmong food. It was really weird; we had this
thing called (Cow-pong). I have no idea how to spell it for real, but that’s
how it sounds. It was kinda spicy with chicken and these weird noodles. It was
surprisingly good. Also out here everyone smokes everything, you would think
you were in the south. One of the members made us smoked mac & cheese. It
was sooooooo good! I was beyond surprised. Plus that with some smoked tri-tip
and I was so full that night!
I haven't gotten my pants yet, but the sisters just said
they have a package for me so we will see if that is it. I will tell you in the
letter if it was or not. [He got his pants, so a big shout out to Missionary Mall.] Yes it is so freaking hot! And it doesn't cool down at
night! It was still like 90 degrees at 8:00 last night! This week is gonna be
rough...I heard it is supposed to be up to 108 by the end of the week. Ouch.
As far as the Preach My Gospel goes, I don't know where to
look. I just have seen people (here and back in Utah) with them, so I don't
know. It isn't that important I guess. I just should have had Lindsay laminate
the cover before I came out;)
Hopefully this week we can find more people to teach. I hope
all goes well with the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment