Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6-10-13 Krystal's baptism

Haha yea that sleeping bag is for Arizona camping;) [Apparently, the backpacking sleeping bag Michael used in scouting isn't as warm as Laura thought.  This past week was YW's Girls camp, and a 20 degree sleeping bag isn't really a 20 degree bag, nor in the 30's.]

Haha that is a good idea, I hope all goes well. Tell Daniel to paint something in honor of me!;) Just kidding, but I wanna see it!  [For the summer, Daniel and Ryan cleaned out the toy closet, and Daniel is painting a mural inside with the help of Grandma Bennett.]

Krystal's Baptism was great; all went well (except for the five minute gap while they were in the font and her brother just left so everyone was trying to find him). We took some pictures I will send home this week. It was nice to see something happening here. We typically spend about as much time trying to reactivate people as we do finding people, but so far we are having the same luck in both areas... oh well!

So on Friday it was around 100 degrees all day and then on Saturday we heard it was somewhere between 109 and 114 degrees...needless to say I lost so much weight! I drank somewhere over 5 L of water in like 3 hours. And we only had one lesson that day and we were tracting at the hottest part of the day and we still didn't find anyone...dang. They're hiding somewhere! We will find them eventually. 

My pants came, and then two days later some more pants came that they had sent to a different missionary...so I have two new pairs! 

We were at dinner last night with some members that just did a sprint triathlon on Saturday so it was cool to get to hear about that and talk about the Spudman as well. I don't think I could do that again, I am not in shape at all... Are you guys training for another Ironman or triathlon or something?

We helped reformat one of the member's computers this week and it worked. We haven't put any antivirus on though and I don't know anything about that so we just told her to try and avoid the internet for the time being. Hopefully we didn't mess anything up.

This week should be good, we are excited because it isn't gonna be too hot from what we have heard. Because I don't know how to survive that much heat during the day! Not too much to report so far, but I hope you guys have a good week!


[We got an email this week from the Mission office staff.  Michael and Elder Coburn had an apartment inspection.  They passed with "flying colors" so Sister Whiting gave them cookies.]

No comments:

Post a Comment