To whom it may concern... ;)
Thank you all so much for the letters and packages! It is great to hear from all of you! So I may have lied in my last letter; I don't know if I am "allowed" to write letters (physical and electronic) except on p-days (Wed). We were told to write on the first night just to let you know how we were doing. Right now I am writing because I don't have my scriptures or anything, but I will explain that in a minute.
So far, I haven't cried yet. I miss you guys a lot, but maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet. The days feel really long, but slowly they are getting easier. The Branch President was saying that the number of missionaries was increased from 2,300 to 3,100, and says by summer it is expected to approach almost 8,000 here at the MTC! He also said that it is expected that out in the field there will be transfers every 4 weeks instead of 6. Sounds like there will be a lot of changes.
My companion is Elder Ormsby... Ironic Right? [Parent comment: Adam Ormsby is a good friend from Michael's ward]. He is from Texas, and no, he doesn't know Adam Ormsby . Okay so like I said, I don't have my stuff because it is in our classroom currently. While we were at lunch, my companion started feeling sick. We tried the medical clinic here, but it was closed. The on-call doctor here is in sacrament meeting, so we asked the info desk. They offered to contact another doctor, but after Elder Ormsby said he was feeling better. They recommended that he get some sleep. We came back to our room, gave him a blessing, and now he is asleep... and I am writing this letter.
So far the MTC is alright... some of the people here are weird, which is not what I was expecting. The food "makes your insides want to be on your outsides", so I pretty much eat cereal, fruit and salads 3 meals per day. Also, the rooms are so hot that it is hard to sleep. I'm sweating just writing this. But, other than that it is fine! ;) I also found out that I can only send email to family, but regular mail to anyone. I can't send anything though because I don't know anyone's addresses, so make sure people know that I need their addresses to respond to their mail.
I miss you all so much and hope that you all are having such a good time. I still have dreams about you guys that make me homesick. But, I am glad I am here.
I Love You!
Elder Gardanier
No comments:
Post a Comment