Hey, I loved getting to talk to you guys today! I think I was so excited to be on an airplane again that I was distracted from everything going on. We landed, and to my joy it was raining all day. We flew here on a regional jet, holding a total of 65 people, half of which were missionaries. It was the smoothest flight I've ever had. After we got here, we ate and then went contacting. Wow, that is scary. I don't know that I am spiritually in-tune enough for that yet, I just freeze up. Luckily I was assigned to go with one of the AP's (Assistant to the President of the mission), so he taught me a lot and stepped in when I froze. One of the other groups actually committed someone to baptism on their first day!!
This area (Antelope) is not the rich area I was expecting. We went through a neighborhood, knocking doors which were all covered in bars, with run down houses and lots of dogs. It was a little scary, but a good learning experience. I am beyond nervous and don"t how this becomes natural, especially with me being so shy, but I guess you just fake it till you make it.
I just got out of an interview with the Mission President, who is amazing by the way, and he basically looked me in the eyes and said that I had his complete trust and read the raving interview from the Bishop (Bishop Brown back in Utah). He told me to be a leader from the beginning and that I was going to do amazing things. It really strengthened my faith and made me more confident, especially since it addresses some things from my patriarchal blessing.
I am so beyond tired, having been up since 3:30 AM, but the President said he wants all the new missionaries asleep tonight by 8:00 PM. I am soooo happy for that! Tomorrow we get our companions and areas and the real work begins. Hopefully I can catch on. Just keep getting up when the alarm goes off.
Thank you for all of your support and prayers. I hope that I can make you guys proud! I miss you and it didn't really hit me at the MTC, but it"s catching up now. I love you guys so much! Keep being happy and living it up!
Pday is Monday here! I'll write more later, like next week!
I love you guys! Be Strong!
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment