I'm
sorry to hear that you guys are having such a rough week with the trials in the
home ward. I hope that the spirits really strong to help comfort those who are
afflicted right now. I will remember to keep everyone in my prayers. [This past week we had two funerals in our ward. One was for sweet Brother Ray Felix. The other was for Ryan's 9 year old friend Owen Hartle, who passed away from cancer. It was a rough week.]
As far
as Christmas goes we ended up not having time to talk about it at the meeting,
so I'm still not sure how it's going to go. I think this call will be the
easiest one to keep under time ;-) I don't know there will be a whole lot to
talk about or at least from my end so if you have any questions you'll have to
let me know!
Thanks
for the tie! I didn't get it and I was wearing it today, and it's not the worst
Christmas tie ever seen :-) I guess those kinds of ties never really been my
thing but I appreciate the gift and the festive colors.
That
is great news to hear that you have a clean bill of health! I bet the aspirin
is a lot easier to take than the blood thinners. I guess the Lord really does
hear and answer prayers!
Like
I sent in those pictures home this week Elder Larson I showed up to district
meeting and found an interesting surprise. Out on the table outside the room
was a bunch of "programs" for a funeral in memory of me. Along with
some cookies with my name on it. We went in and for the first 20 minutes of
district meeting missionaries shared things they learned from me and thank me
for what I have done as a missionary. It was kind of awkward as taking
complements is never really been my thing, but I really appreciated the things
that were said. What made the biggest impact on me was that they were also kind
and thoughtful in their remarks. After that we took some pictures and had a
good time together. Tomorrow morning I have my departing interview with the
mission president… I still remember Elder Coburn going through this. I can't
believe it's here already. I am excited to have an hour to talk with the
mission president, but I am anxious as the things he will say. This past week
we had our mission leadership council and the people from Salt Lake gave us
some great instruction, but it is weird to hear about so many of the changes
that are coming up (small changes nothing huge) that won't affect me. It's
definitely bittersweet.
So we came into our apartment last night and found this
bat just chilling up there in the corner of our study room. We spent like 20 minutes
trying to catch it in this box taped to a stick. We ended up getting it in the
box and taking it outside, but now we are even more convinced that it is time
for us to move apartments...
I think it is safe to say that this is our swag picture
of the week...
Yes!!!!!! We are going up to the mountains in our area
alllllllweekend!!!!! #Bringonthesnow!
Other
than that there's not a whole lot to report. I am sorry that I'm so late
getting this email out. We had a lot
going on today. I will probably think of some more things to say, but in the
meantime I sent you a letter in the mail that should have some answers to the
things you talked about in your letter to me. Thanks for all you guys doing let
me know if I can do anything to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment