Tuesday, October 27, 2015

12/22/14 Last Full Week

It is weird to think this is the second to last pday...probably the last time I will go shopping and wash some of my clothes. But the work still feels the same and it hasn't hit me yet so I really am not feeling too many emotions. I guess we will see how I am doing a week from now! 

As far as the Skype goes, Elder Larson was thinking earlier rather than later (around noon to 1 your time). Does that work? 

I am glad to hear you had a fun time with the family at Tyler's farewell. I saw a picture of Zach and Tyler on Facebook and was impressed with how mature Tyler seems. I bet he is excited for the mission and know he will do great. Haha I am excited to see Zach as well, it will be tight.

Good luck going through all my stuff! I need to thin that all out eventually...but I will cross that bridge later. Do you know where my skis are and are they easily accessible? :) 

That’s unfortunate about Sinjin, but it sounds like it is for the best.


This last week just flew by, I couldn't believe it!! We were able to visit a ton more people than usual because we didn't have as ,any meetings or reports to do. That was probably why it went by so fast. Last Pday, we had to drive down to the mission office where I left Elder Benedict and Elder Larson so that I could have dinner with all the departing missionaries, including Elder Harris. It was so weird because they were all crying about going home the next day and missing the mission already, but I was calm because I don't have to leave yet. I was worried it was going to make me trunky, but it actually did the opposite; I realized that I need to make the most of the last couple of weeks and not to take anything for granted. I actually enjoyed it, probably a lot more than the others because I didn't have the stress of having to fly home the next morning!;) It was really weird when Elder Harris added me from his home account and then posted the pictures of when he was at the airport! But I guess that's how it goes! Anyways, the worst part was that I didn't leave my mission president's home until 10:30 and then I didn't get to the mission office to pick up my companions until after 11....so we didn't get home until after 12:30 am...and 6:30 comes early any day, let alone when you get home that late. 

Haha I'm not worried about Christmas or presents. I appreciate you trying to make it as special as you can anyway. I got a package from the Coburn/Smiths this past weekend, so I wrote them a note today. Christmas will be good, even though I am not exactly sure how it is supposed to go, but we will see. I also am not sure what we are going to talk about on this Skype call....so come with questions!! 

We had a crazy experience this past week. Amid the craziness of running all over the Gridley Stake, we were filling out a report at the church on Saturday morning. Some random guy just showed up and told us that he wanted to know more about our church and what we believe. After I picked my jaw up off the ground we brought the guy inside and started talking with him. We ended up teaching most of the first lesson to him and invited him to church. We didn't exactly expect him to come back, but right before church started he showed up!! It was really awesome! We found out that he lives in a different Ward, so we will be passing him off to the other missionaries in his area, but it was cool that he happened to show up while we were there. 

Other than that, not too much to report. I will talk to you all on Thursday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment