Tuesday, October 27, 2015

12/29/14 Wrapping Up

I cannot believe how fast this past week went by. I enjoyed getting to talk to you guys as well and I'm glad to see that you're all doing so well. Thanks for everything you've done so far to get ready for Friday, and also for school next week. It really is helping this be as stress-free as possible.

I don't know that I could give an adequate summation of my mission thus far. My mind recalls the prayer of Moroni in Ether chapter 12 "...thou hast not made us mighty in writing...And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands...wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words;"(Ether 12:23-25).  

While I am unable to adequately explain how I feel, I will say that I have developed a greater understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and of its role in my life. It's amazing to see the power people possess to change when they turn to the Savior, especially when it's yourself. As far as a mantra for my mission I think I have come to realize truly what is meant by the phrase "obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles." I've come to see how that can affect someone's life not necessarily just what they do but by the desires of their heart. I know that's sort of week for what you were probably looking for, but I will hopefully be able to some up some better thoughts for my homecoming talk next week.

Ha ha Elder Larson has been enjoying the treats you sent as well, so thank you. He definitely scared for when he gets home and what his mom is going to do to him… ;-)

As far as last minute things there isn't a whole lot I can think of. I was talking with one of the other members of the young single adult branch here that will be starting at BYU next week and they mentioned that they had received some emails from their professors in regards to things they would need for the first day of class (books, lab packets… ETC). I was wondering if dad had checked my email recently or was aware of anything like that. If not I would love if one of you would just login to my Gmail account and see if there were any emails from BYU.

Look forward to seeing you all soon let me know if there's anything I can do for you beforehand. I guess I'll just be praying for some more snow before I get home! :-) see you on Friday.


Elder Michael Gardanier





No comments:

Post a Comment