Dear Family,
Well, let me start off by saying I haven't read the letters
from your parents ever since they stopped sending hard copies...I have a hard time spending my short email time reading.
Well congratulations on race number 22! If each
race is considered the short run, then you are winning in the long run! I am
glad that you were able to get something out of it. I think that if I were able
to learn something from all my trials I sure would be a much better person.
Thank you for your insight about that.
That is awesome that Football is going so well. Of course
the Broncos do good when I can't watch!;) It sounds great.
I am glad that you had a fun time with Elder Harris' mom. He
is a stud. He is a good
trainer (that’s what he is doing right now). He is really good to his
companion, and loves to work hard. It is my dream to be companions with him
someday, but maybe there is a reason that won't happen. Idk. Hopefully I will
see him today.
I thought we would be back in suit coats, but we heard
otherwise today. I guess we will get more info on that at Zone Meeting this week.
So for now I am still not in a suit yet. I am not too worried about the $
aspect of dry cleaning, sort of. There is only one place here in Palo Cedro,
but apparently it is super expensive (I haven't been yet, that is what members
told us). We don't know of anywhere else right now, except in Redding, but that
isn't an option. It is tough...
As for right now, the baptism is still on! He is excited, as
is his family. They are awesome people, and last week after a lesson with him
we asked if he had any questions and he told us "No, I really don't. It
all makes so much sense to me. I read and I understand and I just know it is
all true". IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! We have a ton of stuff still to go over
this week, but we should be able to get through it all. I will try to send
pictures next week of it. I am attaching a
picture of a sweet stop sign we saw, so we had to stop and take a
picture.
We watched conference at the Stake center, with a couple
other missionaries. We didn't have any investigators come with us. And with the
Priesthood session being on TV this time, there weren't many men there Saturday
night. In between sessions of conference we worked. Our mission President made
it very clear that General Conference is not a day off.
It is interesting that you mention the service idea. We have
been trying to get more success with that. Also our WML told us last night that
the members here have a hard time trusting the Elders due to some disobedient
missionaries in the past, so he suggested that we try doing service for them.
So my companion and I decided to designate a day of the week to try and
schedule service on. Hopefully we all are getting the same idea because it would be
effective right now. So we will see.
We were trying to get to know our area a little better, so
we hit the back roads, and ultimately the dirt roads and logging trails. Here
is a picture from one spot we ended up...it was good to do and see our area,
but in hindsight, it was not an effective use of proselyting time.
Oh
BTW, we are going to be on exchanges tomorrow and I just got
driving privileges, so tomorrow the truck is mine;)
That is awesome that Elder Coburn is going to be out here, I
freaking miss that guy! I will try and think of some things (maybe my
Oakley's??). I will get back to you on that. Thank you so much.
Well I appreciate all of the letters I got this week, it was
really nice. I will talk to you
all later. Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment