Thank you so much for the letters and packages, I know it is
not easy, cheap, or always fun, but I absolutely love it. Thank you so much. My
companion makes fun of me for how much mail I get. I got
the tools and also got the Rolos (which shipped in their own, huge box, with
ice packs and insulation). Unfortunately, due to the only once weekly communication we have going on here, I didn't know you would buy
them immediately ...we were given permission this week by the AP's to
go to Redding to a bike store and get some tires. I also got some thicker tubes
as well. I will see when those new ones get here and then try and return one
set. Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it. It makes all
of this easier.
I am so excited for conference this week; it will be #2 of
the 4 total on the mission. I can't believe it is already here. This week will
be 8 months out...I wouldn't say it has 'flown by', but I would say it feels
more like 4 months. With conference coming up, it also means that this is the
last week before 'suit coat season'. I am not exactly looking forward to how
dirty my suit is going to get out here in the boondocks. Oh well. The rain is
going to be nice!
Happy Birthday Daniel! Sorry this is the best I could do, I
wish I had planned a little better. 13, that is awesome! I hope you had a
fun camp-out with dad and that you are having an awesome time being
13. This week the ward asked us to bless the sacrament because there aren't any
Priests in our ward. As I was sitting up there I remembered that the last time
I looked over the sacrament table I could see you out passing the sacrament. I
also noticed that you looked and acted much more grown up than any other deacon
I have seen. I guess it is to be expected with how you act and behave.
That is cool that Mom is going to have lunch with Elder
Harris' mom. Let me know how it goes. Haha I don't know if there are any
stories to talk about, except about us getting stuck in the elevator in the
MTC. OH!! Did I tell you about the signs now?? We found out from some of the
new missionaries that since Elder Harris and I left the MTC, there are now
signs in the elevators about getting a fine for jumping in them?? Haha we have
a claim to fame!!! I want a picture with that sign now...hmmm;) Anyways just
thought that would be funny.
That is so cool that the tradition has stuck, I am glad it
still brings the Spirit in. Well that is cool that he was there, I think he
spoke while I was in the MTC. But I can't remember exactly. [Yesterday we had a double Sister missionary farewell and continued the singing tradition from Eric. Elder Zwick spoke, who was Uncle Jonathan Bennett's Mission President, and is now a 70 over the Missionary Department.]
This week we did a lot of work finding less-active members.
It was cool because we set a companionship goal to teach at
every opportunity, so we worked on that. Amazingly we were able to see so
much more success, even though the people aren't begging to come back to
church, or even to let us come back, you could see their hearts soften and then opened up. It was cool to recognize that even though right now they aren't
ready to return, that they are still sensitive to the Spirit enough to at least
feel something. It was great.
Here is our awesome truck, it is pretty legit, and all the
other missionaries are jealous. Haha it came stock with a lift in it and sweet
rims that even the other trucks don't have. One day it will be mine to
drive...;)
Well I am sure there is a lot I didn't get the chance to
say, but I will do my best to write it all down and tell you about it later.
Thank you for your love and support, for your letters and prayers. I promise
they are not in vain. Stay strong, and let me know if you need anything. Work
hard, pray harder, and be obedient (or at least that’s what Elder Coburn always
tells me). I love you!
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment