Dear Family,
That investigator from church last week was sick this week,
but we were able to meet with her and set up an appointment. She has been
reading so we are excited to get over there. It should be a good lesson. We
also have a lesson with a new investigator tonight who just married a member.
Then last Monday night we picked up a new investigator family that seems
interested. It was sweet because while we were there we found out that the wife
had been baptized when she was 8 and then fell away when she was 11. We won't
be able to meet with them for a couple weeks because they are leaving town for a
while. But the most amazing thing that has happened over the last couple weeks
comes from one of our investigators and their apartment complex. This place is
so run down and there are...signs of drugs everywhere and there are always
several drunk people when we show up. This place has turned into my absolute
favorite place in the mission. EVERY time we show up there is someone new to
talk to and the people there love us! It is great! And our investigator there
friendships everyone and is totally a light to everyone there. 5 different
people have talked to him and want to come to church. It is so cool. I used to
hate that place but suddenly it is just blowing up.
That is so cool! Everyone here is talking about BYU and how
Texas got destroyed. Of course the cool things all happen the years I can't
see/be a part of;) Oh well. I heard that the Broncos lit up the Ravens and that
the Broncos and the 49ers are the two top teams so far. Ha ha anyways I guess I
shouldn't care but I am sort of excited. I hope Dad got Manning or Welker on
his fantasy team. [Nope, they would have been great assets to Steve's team.]
This week our mold got fixed...sort of. They went in to
clean it out and the made me hold my breath while they showed us it...haha I
don't think it was that bad. Anyways they tarped off half of the bottom the
floor of our apartment and cut out a section of wall and had to re insulate.
The tarp is still up because they need to paint...hopefully they will get it all finished
before I leave. Also maybe they will get the a/c fixed. Anyways it is weird
being about to leave. You also may want to hold the mail if it won't be here by
Saturday. I guess I will start packing this week...It feels like starting all
over again.
Okay, good to know. Elder Bell is really busy, so I don't
want to make him bring bikes up and down the mission. Maybe I will do that if I
am a little closer. It is pretty good right now, no complaints.
Is there anything I can do for you guys? Thanks for the package this
week. It was really nice. This week I am trying to finish off all my
food...ha ha, I spent $5 at the store today.
That sounds like you guys have a fun week ahead of you. I
will try to get you my new address next Monday. Thank you for the advice and
tips this week. I will talk to you guys soon. Here's to 7 month mark on last Friday!:) Take care! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment