Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pilot Facebook

Dear Family,

Well this week was full of crazy stuff. We found out that the California Roseville Mission has been selected as 1 of 12 in the world to do the pilot program for Facebook. Right now it is just for the Zone Leaders, but soon it will be for everyone. I will be using my same account, and there is some huge long process to hide all the stuff from before and things like that. But yes you will be able to see everything I post, and no I can't respond to anything you put on there, so you probably should just stick with emailing me. I am not sure about all the details, but it is cool to be a part of the initial roll out. More to follow I am sure.


So a continuation on the miracle from last week about that lady and the phone call from her brother. On Wednesday morning we got another phone call from her brother. He told us that he hadn't been able to sleep the previous night and while he was up, his sister called and told him that she was trying to download an app on her tablet so she could read the Book of Mormon in larger print. He was able to help her with that and while on the phone she mentioned that she wanted to go to church. So he told us that he was going to drive up from Yuba City with his wife and son (All recent converts within the last year except the son who was baptized 2 years ago and is preparing to serve a mission) and bring her to church, along with his other sister who is investigating the church up in Paradise. We couldn't believe it! Sure enough on Sunday they all were at church and we were able to meet and talk with them. Unfortunately we weren't able to set up an appointment with her, but she asked us where she should start reading the Book of Mormon and so we talked to her about the introduction and 1st Nephi. She told us she didn't know her schedule yet, but would give us a call when she did. It was so awesome!

Ha ha, it is kind of sad that we look forward to weeks where it is going to stay in the 90's, but we have gotten really lucky this summer, as it hasn't been too hot for too long.

Well the mold was supposed to have gotten taken care of this last week, but it didn't. And apartment inspections are this week, so if the apartment manager doesn't get back to us today then he is going to get an ear full from the mission office. So we will see how that goes. Unfortunately our A/C isn't working at 100% yet so we are still struggling with that. Again we will see how apartment inspections go. 

That is cool about Daniel finishing the Book of Mormon and bearing his testimony. I bore my testimony yesterday because it is probably my last fast Sunday in the ward so it was cool, but then everyone came up to me after and was asking if I was leaving. It was kind of sad, but fun to see the people I have gotten to know.

K I seriously think you are obsessed with running....moderation in all things right? Haha, just kidding. That is cool that you did that. I am sure Aimee loved seeing you there. [Laura got up at 4:30 AM to get a long run in which finished at Aimee's first cross country meet where Aimee improved her time from last year.]

Well I am glad Lindsay likes the bus. I always loved the time after school to just unwind. At least she has some friends to walk with. 

Ryan is a stud and that doesn't surprise me at all. Ha ha, well I am sure he loves all the time with his friends. He sure is growing up fast! [Ryan had his first two soccer games on his new competition team.]

Dang that is sweet Daniel did that, I am sure they loved it. Hopefully all goes well. [Daniel ate lunch with a table full of extremely nice girls from the ward.]

Thanks for all the news. I loved getting your letters this week and my companion did as well.

I will definitely let Brother Felix know. Thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers. I will talk to you all again soon! I love you guys!

Love,
Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment