Monday, October 14, 2013

Baptism in Palo Cedro

I did drive the truck and it was awesome!!! I missed driving. We even ended up on a few small logging trails, and I got it into 4 wheel drive. What up?! It was sweet! And I didn't crash, or get in any tight situations, so that’s always a plus! 


Yes, we did have a baptism this week! After a very hectic and stressful few days, it all worked out and he got baptized! It was sweet! The picture attached is him and his family, they are great members.  His daughter started the whole process because she just turned 8 and asked him to baptize her, and of course that melted his heart. It was great and I am excited for them. I also got an email this week from my companion back in Chico. He told me that the investigator we had been teaching and had on date was struggling with some things, but told Elder Benedict that when he gets baptized he wants me to come back and baptize him...It was way cool to hear that! So now he just needs to work through some things, and then I get to go back down to Chico! 

That is way cool that you guys were here in Cali! NOR-CAL is what’s up though;) Just kidding! Kristy Revees? Haha I have met her before. I miss Disneyland so much! I think about that trip a lot! Thanks for taking me there! It was a party! 
Trying to make the best, but feeling an empty spot without Michael
A 26?!?!?! That is legit!!!!!!!! Tell her congrats for me! I knew she could do it! She is way smarter than she thinks! A 21 for Lindsay??? WOW! I remember we took practice ACT's when I was a new sophomore and I got an 18 and it predicted I would not get above a 23, so that is way cool that Lindsay is already doing so well. She is going to make me look like a fool I am sure. HAHAHA you would try to buy Ryan a $120 costume (favorite?)!! 

I used those b-day decorations you sent me for my birthday, and set them up for Elder Porter this morning (it is his 20 birthday today). I will send you a picture. 



You know I am starting to get a little nervous about the colder weather up here. My coat (with liner) is pretty thick and should do the job, plus we have a car of course, so that helps. We have been opening the windows and sleeping with our room down to 52 degrees...getting up is a little tough. But it will probably get pretty cool here. I will let you know if I need anything. 


Well technically I will be home Febuary 3, 2015 at the latest, just saying. And yes, Elder Harris and I will come home at the same time. It will be legit. He is going to be up here again today to ball, so I am excited. He called last night and we just talked for a few minutes. It is way nice having such a good friend here in the zone and in the mission in general. And he is a stud, so yea, it’s pretty much a party. 


I think I photo bombed my own picture...
Oh and Elder Harris says Aimee can email him if she wants;)

Haha I am excited for all of those trips, but honestly what sounds amazing is just a day or so to lay on a beach and do absolutely nothing! We will see if that drives me crazy though;) Anyways thank you so much for all the support. This week I realized that though I miss you all so much, I REALLY don't want to come home right now! I realized that though I get a little homesick, it is for a home that won't exist for another 15.5 months. But it will be awesome when it does. I think about you guys and hope all is well. Thanks for all you taught me, and continue to teach me! Take care everyone! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment