Monday, May 13, 2013

5-13-13 Mother's Day


Hey! I am sorry that I kind of interrupted last night! [We don't think he realizes that nothing was more important than getting to Skype him.  There were no interruptions.]  I also am sorry I didn't say anything productive or really important, I was just trying to think of what to say. I loved seeing you guys too. It was fast for me as well, but I loved it. Thanks for all your support. I will do the best I can. Thanks for the help!


 
[Aimee was the photographer.]
Our dinner appointment fell through, but luckily the Felix's let us eat at their house. It was good and nice not to have to leave immediately so I could kind of process everything. They definitely do more than their share of bearing up the missionary load. [Brother Felix called Laura earlier in the day to make sure we could get a good Skype session, and not waste any time once the Elder's came over. We all have learned how to magnify our callings better through his example and love to Michael.]

[Transfers came late last night and we learned that Michael and Elder Coburn will be together one more transfer before Elder Coburn heads home.]  It will be nice to be with Elder Coburn again. He is excellent and I am excited to learn how he does everything. But since this is his last transfer (and yes he will be here for Krystal's baptism), that means that next transfer I am staying here and will be getting a new companion. Even if I am Junior Companion, I still will be pretty much in charge of the area for the first while. It also means I will be here until at least the middle of August. 

We definitely appreciate the aprons, but haven't gotten to use them yet. Soon though!;) [Laura made aprons for both Elders to celebrate Mother's Day.]

Last night it was amazing because we went out and picked up a new investigator!! It was awesome! I don't know how solid he will be, but hopefully it will be nice to teach again. Hopefully he really wants to know.

Oh, this morning I was noticing that my Preach my Gospel is getting destroyed, and one of the other Elder's here has a hard bound version. He said that there are places that if you bring them one, they will do that. But it must be a Utah thing, because there isn't anywhere out here that does that. I don't know if you can do anything, but let me know if you can! Thank you tons!

Oh one last thing. I forgot last night to tell you guys that a few days ago we met a guy who has been on the show Storage Wars. He just got a store and so we helped him load some stuff into a trailer from his garage. Apparently he is the biggest buyer in Northern California. His name is Adam. I don't know which episodes he is on, but it was interesting. He is a really cool guy and has some cool ideas for shows. His 3 year old son died a few months ago, so he wants to give back. I can't reveal the details because we said we wouldn't, but it was really interesting how he wants to give back to people. 

Anyways, I love you guys! Take care!

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment