This week was crazy. First off, before I forget. There is a
sister here in the district, Sister Curtis. She is from Springville. I don't
know why it took me 2 transfers, but I finally realized why I knew that name.
She is the younger sister of Brandon Curtis, the kid who died on the
Springville football team. That was cool to talk to her about. She was pretty
cool with it. Anyways, just thought that was interesting.
Transfers leave me here with Elder Geisler for one more
transfer. But I am not DL anymore. It is back to the Elder who was DL 2
transfers ago, so it looks like we are just trading off. Kind of confusing, but
its all good.
Thank you for the countdown package. It has been nice to get
something each day. Thank you so much. I am sending home a package today, DO
NOT OPEN IT UNTIL CHRISTMAS.
| Michael has a little present to open each day until Christmas. |
So it snowed like crazy up here! It was awesome! I couldn't
believe how much it snowed. The people here are freaking out, saying that this
is so rare. During the storm it felt just like back home in Utah. It was a
blizzard that dropped between 6 and 8 inches here in Palo Cedro, and almost a
foot up in the mountains of our area. On Saturday we just went and shoveled
driveways. I honestly never thought I would do that on my mission to
California. The picture I attached is from up in Shingletown (3700 ft). It was
awesome.
Yea we are kind of more excited about iPads here than
Christmas...It will be pretty sweet. We don't know what the details with them
yet, but it should be good. I talked with the ZL's and they told us that we
will be getting ours on the 19th, so next Thursday.
That is crazy that the snow shut you down in the canyon. I
am glad to hear that you made it safe, and had a good time here in Cali. Wow,
that sounds cold. It will be cold here the next week, but that means like 20's
and 30's. We may get a little more snow this weekend, but who knows. [Aimee and Laura went out to Walnut, CA for the West Regional Cross Country Championships, and were stuck in the St. George storm heading home.]
Our Mission President is awesome, and loves staying in touch
with missionaries. It just might complicate things with him going home 8 months
before me. We will see how that goes though.
We were supposed to meet with our investigator who committed
to baptism, but she had some septic tank problems (Call Jeff), so she couldn't
meet with us. And she doesn't have a car right now and lives 30 minutes away
from the meetinghouse, and with all the snow it was impossible to find anyone
to drive. In all the snow, I was sooooo happy we had a truck with 4 wheel
drive! We passed like 5 cars in the ditch, and we weren't driving that far. It
was crazy. I guess people here may have just realized why we don't drive Prius'
in Utah. We absolutely loved the snow though!
This week we will be inviting a ton of people to the
Ward Christmas Party, so that will be good. We have a ton of potential
investigators that we hopefully will be able to pick up in the next week. It will
be pretty fun. I am excited to get to finish training Elder Geisler, he is a
stud. After this next transfer, I will be at 1 year!!! Its crazy!! I also will
have spent 50% of my mission as Jr. Companion, which would put me right on
track for the statistic Dad said before I left of about half and half being more
common. Anyways, just annoying statistics that I keep track of;) [Before Michael left, Steve had said that in his experience most missionaries split their missions between junior and senior companions. However, with the trend of more people coming into the Roseville mission than leaving, and a wonderful Mission President who likes to move everyone in and out of leadership positions, it will be interesting to see what Michael's experience is like.]
Have a great week, and I will talk to you soon. Thanks for
the letters and enjoy the Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment