Monday, December 16, 2013

Dress for success

[Last week we received a package from Michael.  Just seeing it under the tree helps us feel closer to him during this time of year.]  Haha it is a stupid present, but I thought it was kind of cool. There are some...random things in there as well, that I found here and thought were kind of interesting. Anyways don't get your hopes up too much! Yes, the members we live with (The Nordstroms), said we could Skype from their computers. They said that the afternoon would be best, does that work? If not we can use the Paris' computer. 
  



We tried inviting a ton of people to the party, but the people couldn't make it...it was sad, but we got to do a lot of fellowshipping with the ward members. We decided to switch things up a little, so we got dressed up in our "Pimp Suits" that we found in our closet this week. They both just happens to fit us! (Sort of). Sister Paris is really good with alterations, so she said she could help us get them to fit better. So the picture attached is how we rolled up to the ward party. It was a hit, everyone loved them. They may make another appearance this Sunday before Christmas...;) Oh, and the Paris' gave us those ties, so that was awesome. Sister Paris is not the RS president, she is just really nice. I got the slippers btw! Haha thank you so much!  

Yea, we try to use them [mission truck/cars] as little as possible on Thursdays...haha we just found out that we are the only missionaries in the zone that still do that. But we have seen miracles from it and its another way to be obedient. 


Yea we are pretty pumped about iPads. We just found out last night  that we will be getting our own, so I don't have to share! Supposedly we will be able to email home with them and do other stuff like that, but it is all speculation. Our mission president told us that in order to get them, we have to come to the conference on Thursday morning with clean cars, and we have to "act like you are not excited". Haha at least he realizes it is just acting. More to follow next week!  Can you tell what we are slightly more excited about??

Yea, Elder Harris just got transferred to Rocklin 2nd ward. He actually just replaced Elder Henniger down there (Ironic). Well most likely I am heading south next time I move, but I don't know what will happen. I kind of want to stay up here with Elder Geisler one more, but there is a possibility that I could train again, right in a row. Who knows though! It should be very interesting. 

Our investigator with the septic tank problems is doing alright. We were able to see her on Saturday, but she is having a lot of problems. We talked with her for a while and she got pretty emotional, but it was good. Unfortunately we found out some circumstances that may prevent her from being able to get baptized any time soon. But we will for sure keep trying. 

Well I hope you guys have a fun ski trip! Elder Geisler and I talk about how much we want to go skiing/snowboarding all the time! Have fun!

Well I am glad they liked the cards. Were the pictures too weird? Oh, so I got a package this week with the Brimley's address on it, and it had a stocking and some presents inside of it. The card was very nice, but wasn't signed "The Brimley's", and mentioned the 32nd ward in it. My question is, is it from the ward, or from the Brimley's? Because I want to send a thank you card. 

[This past week, a seminary teacher at the high school passed away just minutes after holding his newborn son.  Today almost the whole student body showed up in Sunday dress to pay respect to Brother Robison.] Wow, that is so sad. It does make you focus on what matters most and making sure you are living in a way that you would be prepared at any time. We taught Elder's Quorum yesterday, and part of the lesson talked about how we never know when Christ will come again, but we need to be sure that we are ready. It just means I have a lot of work to do!

Thank you so much for the cards, letters, and packages. It is so wonderful to have been out for 10.5 months, and still be getting mail. Thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful week! 3 days till iPads!


No comments:

Post a Comment