Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Promptings

Dear Family,

I hope that you are all having a great day for Dad's birthday. I hope you are getting a lot done. Yea, my companion is tall. Well, let me know what you find out. Yea we usually tell each other our first names when we meet...so yea. [Laura was excited to connect with Elder Geisler's mom on Facebook.]


We are still on the hunt for more people to teach. We did find one guy, but haven't been able to get back together with him yet, so we are still working on that. We are going straight to tracting after P-Day today because we don't know who to go see. It is frustrating. This week while we were on Facebook one day, I got a message from Brother Felix that said "Go Tracting". Haha it kind of made my day, so let him know I got it. I know the missionary who just replaced Elder Benedict. I don't know the other Elder though, but his trainer is my hero. Maybe text Brother Felix and tell him thanks and thank the ward for treating me so well. 

Yesterday in ward council, we talked about some recent converts who are 65 and both heavily handicapped. They had something lined up to get firewood for the winter, but due to some errors on other people's parts, it fell through. So we asked if anyone knew where we could get some wood and they said 'no', so then we told them that there was another LA [less active] member who had some trees we could cut down and have the wood (even though it wouldn't be dry enough this year). Then the council got heated. Several of the people at ward council were very disrespectful toward us and I was shocked! We face rejection every day and it doesn't affect me, yet while we were sitting there in this meeting yesterday I was on the verge of tears! Shouldn't we be representing the Savior??  The RS president came up to us after and said she was sorry about what was said in there and that she could just imagine the letter she would get from her son on his mission if he had experienced that. And last night we had dinner with the Bishop and he apologized too and told us that some of the people there are way too strongly opinionated, and that King Lamoni probably could have taken care of his own sheep, but Ammon still helped him. It was great to get that feedback, but shouldn't it be more than just us trying to help others?? It seems like everyone just wants to justify why they shouldn't have to do anything. 



I bought some soup this week, but I definitely will want to be able to make some, thank you! 

Well on Wednesday the Zone Leaders told us that all DL's were to attend the monthly Mission Leader Council (normally just for ZL's). So based on your email we were all thinking iPad's! But unfortunately, that was not the case. Our mission president had a meeting with a bunch of other mission presidents on the west coast and Hawaii with Elder Ballard. He told us that we need to double our convert baptisms in the next six months...so we are all a little stressed. It was a good meeting, but no iPads. 

On Friday during this meeting, I kept getting this feeling. I was going to be conducting another baptismal interview that evening, and I really felt like I needed to share this scripture with this lady and talk to her about something specific. I had never met here and all I knew about her was her name. Anyways I ended up talking to her about this thing and she told me that she really needed to hear that, and it had been on her mind a lot. It was so cool! 

You remember Elder Bell right? You talked with him when you got Elder Benedict's bike. Well we found out this weekend that he is in the hospital and is not doing very well right now...it is really sad because when I was down there a couple weeks ago I got to talk with him a lot, and he seemed fine. He even helped me when I split my finger open. [Uhm, excuse me? What about your finger that you have never mentioned before?]  I don't know how I split it open. No stitches though, so its all good. We don't know what is going on with him. We just know he is in the hospital.

Well that was this week in a nut shell. I am sure I forgot something, but I will try to remember.  Anyways I think that is it for now. I miss you guys and hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Michael

 
Mount Lassen

Beautiful sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment