Sunday, November 10, 2013

11-4-13 Second Time Training


I am doing well. My new companion's name is Elder Geisler-Zenefski (He goes by Elder Geisler) (Guy-slur).
Yea, I thought people trying to pronounce my name was tough! He is from Pennsylvania. Well Elder Porter drove down to Auburn, and then gave me the keys. So for pretty much the first time in 9 months I got behind the wheel, and drove onto the Sacramento freeway at 5:00 pm...yea it was insane.  But the way back was nice cuz you just put it on cruise control and sit back. It was 70 mph too. But we didn't get back until 7:00 pm. It was good though. I was glad we had a truck. We drove 500 miles in 2 days. 


It has been tough so far, no new investigators. I am liking getting back into my routine. We have made several big changes, including canceling us going to seminary every Friday morning. I think other missionaries did that just to hang out with the high school girls. I didn't feel as though that was relevant to our purpose. 

We will look for lights. I have been on more roofs since being on my mission than I ever expected, but no accidents yet. [Steve and Laura put lights on a couple weeks ago before the snow.  We were missing Michael's help and recommended others out in CA might benefit from his experience.]

That is way cool that you guys are out here. I hope you are having a party. Tell everyone I said hi and they are awesome. [Laura spent a few days with friends in Palm Springs.]

iPad's would be awesome, but I don't think we will get them until Zone Conferences later this month. 

I appreciate all your letters. This week we didn't have much going on. I will try to be more detailed in my next letter home. I am grateful for your love and support. Thank Melissa [Aunt Melissa Bennett] for me; it was nice to get a letter from them. 

Take care!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment