I did have a good birthday. I didn't tell anyone
when it was. My companion didn't even know until after. I was on exchanges with
the AP's in Rocklin, and while we were on Facebook they saw the stuff you
posted and figured out when it was. They were really nice, but there isn't much
you do for a birthday out here anyway, so that was about it. I loved the ties
you got, they were awesome! And that NOR-CAL hat was legit! Thank you so much!
Okay, I haven't checked the mail yet today, so we will see if it came. You guys
sure know how to make a day special. Thank you.
It sounds like the wedding was a success. All I could think
about on Saturday was the wedding! I like how it wasn't a huge ordeal and how
intimate it was. I am sure Gavin was excited, he is a stud. He never sent me an
invitation, and I just recently added him on Facebook, so the only pictures of
them that I got to see are the ones you sent, so thanks. I don't want to bug
him too much with all he has going on right now, so I will wait until he writes
me before I say anything. If you see him though, of course pass along my congratulations.
Haha of course he waited to propose until after our deadline, that cheapskate
just wants free food! ;) Just kidding, I am way excited for him. It is kinda
funny, because by the time I get home, his wife will have spent just as much time
with him as "his companion" as I did...except it really isn't the
same haha. It feels like forever ago since I saw him, but when I saw that
picture of him smiling, it brought back memories.
| Breakfast before the wedding with Gavin and his mom Kellie |
I am so glad to hear that you got to meet President and
Sister Weston! They are the greatest! Haha that was one thing President Weston
was always good at, complimenting people. Every interview he would spend a
couple minutes doing that and it just made you feel great. I have tried to do
that as a zone leader, but I want to be better so more people know I am
friendly and appreciate them. The Spirit must have carried different words into
everyone's ears at the lessons they were at, because I definitely am not a
strong speaker. I stumble over my words all the time, and I can barely keep a
thought straight. I appreciate the compliments from him though, I really do
look up to President Weston. He is a great leader and the definition of
obedience, just like Elder Coburn.
Haha well yea, let me know who those missionaries want to me see. [A couple ex missionaries who attended the wedding were also Zone Leaders in Olivehurst. They wanted to give us names of people for Michael to check up on.] I am surprised to hear that there were a lot of former ZL's there. I know one
of Gavin's companion's when he was in Olivehurst was at the wedding, and he
even went on to be AP. [That is the missionary who took this picture for us.] I won't be in Olivehurst much longer, though, so let me
know soon who needs to be seen. Transfer calls are in 2 weeks.
Thank you for not having someone show up with a birthday
cake, it would have totally distracted me the rest of the day and slowed the
work down.
We haven't been back to the family with the boy with
Cerebral Palsy yet. We were supposed to help them some more this week, but my
companion was sick the whole week, so we sent some other missionaries over.
They loved him equally as well. We want to go by again this week to see how
they are doing.
Yea, so Elder Tomblin was sick all week, so I spent a lot of
time studying and stuff. [It honestly is a miracle that Michael hasn't gotten sick once on his mission.] It was super boring, so I went on a lot of exchanges.
I will tell you what, not being able to work during the day made me really
appreciate when we do go out and work. I learned a lot, caught up on my
journal, and even learned how to flip a pen in my hand like how dad does...so
yea, a super productive week, as you can tell. This week should be better
though. We are getting another mini missionary tomorrow morning who will be
with us through Sunday night. We are excited for that. We also are teaching
another zone meeting on Wednesday, so we get to prepare for that. Our stake
meetings went well yesterday. I am always impressed with the way the stake
presidency and high council magnify their callings. They are some inspired men,
and very very charitable and compassionate to us as well. It is such a huge
blessing to get to serve in this capacity and see that.
It is so weird to think that 18 months have already gone by. At Mission Leader Conference on Friday I was talking with Elder Harris. I guess he has
changed his mind about staying out until February, but has decided to get back
into school, so he is going to try to come home early as well. I was really
excited about that, because part of the reason I wanted to stay out the whole
time was so I could come home with him (is that a bad reason?). Anyways, it would
be awesome if we both got to come home together the same day. We will see, but
this is all winding down way too fast....
Thanks again for all the birthday wishes and the letters and
most importantly the prayers. I appreciate it! Let me know if you need
anything! (I guess you're right, I do always say that). [After talking with President Weston, just before he left, he asked us if he could do anything for us. We realized then how great of an influence he has been to Michael since that is how he ends all of his letters home.] Have a great week!
| Splits with Elder Fa |
| Parkour |
No comments:
Post a Comment